I am an Ultra-Conservative, Alpha-Male, True Authentic Leader, Type "C" Personality, who is very active in my community; whether it is donating time, clothes or money for Project Concern or going to Common Council meetings and voicing my opinions. As a blogger, I intend to provide a different viewpoint "The way I see it!" on various world, national and local issues with a few helpful tips & tidbits sprinkled in.
Daniel J. O’Brien
Plans & Goals for the City of St. Francis
1) Infrastructure (Projects to be financed through various State and Federal programs along with traditional revenue streams)
· Repairing of neighborhood and throughway streets that have deteriorated significantly and have become distressed. A healthier street system will improve residential home value, and help draw additional revenue sources to the city.
· Repair or replace deteriorating sidewalks and approaches to make them safer.
2) Facilities (Projects to be financed through various State and Federal programs along with traditional revenue streams)
· Explore the most cost effective options to repair or replace the current City Hall & City Court, Fire Department, and Police Department with updated modern facilities that will increase Public safety and service, while also improving the working conditions and safety for the Police Officers and Fire Fighters.
· Explore the practicality of having optional training to add “on-call positions” from current City employees. This will improve the response to large snow storms or other natural disasters.
· Explore the viability to opening a low fee “pay per use” dump facility to keep residential garbage removal costs to a minimum.
4) Vacant Land/Vacant Buildings
· Diligently pursue options with developers and real estate agents to lure new or expanding companies to the area to utilize these vacant spaces to generate new tax revenue and support future growth of the city, while lowering the tax burden on every citizen of the community.
· As your elected mayor, I cannot promise what will happen with taxes. I can however promise that I will do everything I can to lower residential taxes, while improving your home’s value. My plans for growth, development, and bringing facilities up to date will entice businesses and growth to the area, and in turn lower for all citizens.
6) Quality of Life/Safety(Projects to be financed through various State and Federal programs along with traditional revenue streams)
· Explore options of expanding tougher “Safe Zones” for children against registered sex offenders.
· Diligently work with residents and wildlife groups to designate which areas should be set aside as “Nature preserves” & Wetlands. These areas will be designated as such to protect and preserve the wilderness areas for future generations. Explore options with the State and County to add nature trails or bike paths to these areas for use by the public.
· Working with the Wisconsin D.O.T. on establishing St. Francis as a “Quiet Zone” during the overnight hours for trains on the upper and lower tracks within city limits. This again will create another selling point and demand for homes/condos near the railroad tracks, and increase future home values in the entire city.