Here is a great article: Dollar Store Deals -- What to Buy and What to Skip. This article is so informative, I have it bookmarked on my computer so I can always go back to it. Even the comments are great!
- Food storage containers. We use these containers not only for storing food, but for storing everything.
- Scotch Tape. This is a great thing to stock up on.
- Glue stick packs for school. Another great thing to stock up on.
- Batteries. The one and only time we bought batteries at the Dollar Tree, the batteries died after one day.
- Spices. Yes, despite the lectures I receive from my cooking-fanatic friend who stares at me with horror when I tell her I buy spices at the Dollar Tree. For me, they work just fine!
- Picture Frames. I've never bought picture fames here before. However, per recommendation, I do plan to get some.
- Knives. No. I just can't fathom spending $1 on a kitchen knife. Or it being any good!
- Socks. I've been told that socks are a good deal here (and good quality). I've never bought any, but plan to check them out. Apparently, there are cute seasonal socks.
- Glass Cleaner. I always get glass cleaner here and see no difference in quality than any other glass cleaner!
- Pregnancy Tests - Really?! I actually saws these near the counter as I was checking out. I was tempted to ask the cashier if anyone actually bought one. I cannot imagine the validity of any $1 pregnancy test! Or why would anyone would think of buying something like this here.
- Candy and kid snacks. Yes! We always buy crackers (snacks for kids at school) and Mike and Ike candy (snacks for mom).