For all intents and purposes, I am pretty normal gal. I have a semi-normal life, married to my husband for almost 7 years, raising our little girl, working full time as a city inspector (more about that later), and just trying to keep things afloat on a daily basis. I moved to Bay View a year ago and I LOVE it here. But that's the boring stuff- here's a few things about me that are more interesting and somewhat entertaining:
1. I love to Zumba. For those of you who don't have a clue what I'm talking about, Zumba is a latin-inspired dance workout. We salsa, meringue, cha-cha, reggaeton, hip hop and generally rock out and shake it for a hour at a time. It's joyous and expressive, sassy and spicy, and an awesome workout. I'm excited to try my moves out when hubby and I go to Mexico next month- I plan on hitting the dance floor!
2. Be warned. I have red hair and all the fire, temper, and passion that goes with it. And so does my 4 year old daughter. Pair that with my Type A personality and things can get a bit dramatic around here. That alone keeps life pretty interesting.
3. And speaking of red hair, my neighborhood is home to a family of beautiful red foxes. If you live east of KK near Oklahoma Ave. you likely know exactly what I am talking about. We see at least one of them almost daily, and for some reason I am fascinated with them! These creatures are ridiculously bold, and kill things around my home on a regular basis. It's like "Wild Kingdom" around here- and I have a bunch of stories to share.
4. I run a local wine club. Wine is one of my great passions- as a matter of fact I'm sipping a nice Albarino as I sit here and type. I have made many dear friends through my club, which is comprised completely of women. We meet monthly to explore a particular varietal, region, or style of wine. It's a fun, boisterous time, and in between talking about our kids, husbands, favorite TV shows and assorted "girl chit chat", we even talk about wine!
5. Finally, I am a parrothead. Translated- I am a huge Jimmy Buffett fan. I'm still waiting to find my own personal Margaritaville, though I've definitely been to that One Particular Harbor.
That being said, I hope you enjoy reading my blogs in the days and months ahead. I know I am looking forward to writing them.