The Bay View Neighborhood Association will be hosting a debate for the state's 7th District senate seat at 7 p.m. Sept. 2 at the Humboldt Park Pavilion. Democratic candidates, incumbent Jeff Plale and challenger Chris Larson, will be participating. The debate is open to the public.
Those in attendance will be able to submit questions to be answered by the candidates during the debate. The goal of the event is to bring the candidates and the public together.
"This will be a great way for people to get answers to issues that really matter to them," says Liz Lord, BVNA member and neighborhood resident. "The best is when someone asks a question you would never have thought of that turns out to be super important to you."
The event will be moderated by BVNA President Bob Schneider.
The event is free and anyone can attend. More information on the event and the candidates can be seen on the Bay View Neighborhood website http://www.bayviewneighborhood.org or Facebook page.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Shore police report: Dec. 11, 2014
- South Shore police report: Dec. 11, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: Dec. 4, 2014
- South Shore police report: Dec. 4, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: Nov. 27, 2014 issue
- Cudahy woman displayed Slovakian crafts at Holiday Folk Fair
- South Shore Community Calendar
- Menomonee Falls approves flat tax rate for 2015
- South Shore police report: Nov. 20, 2014
- South Shore police report: Nov. 20, 2014 issue