St. Lucas Lutheran School in Bay View will host a presentation for parents about Internet safety from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, March 5, in the school gymnasium, 648 E. Dover St.
Sgt. Thomas Liebenthal of the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office-Criminal Investigations Unit will educate parents about the dangers of the Internet for children, describe danger signs to watch for and give tips on how to keep children safe online.
He requests that no children attend the presentation.
"With the recent events that happened in New Berlin, it's more important now than ever to make sure that we as parents are able to protect our children from online predators," said Rhonda Grabczyk, St. Lucas coordinator for the event.
Child care is available. Call (414) 483-9122 for information.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown village officials to consider fire department referendum tonight
- South Shore police report: Oct. 23, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: October 16, 2014
- New antique shop could replace Twirly Birds in Wauwatosa Village
- South Shore Police Report: Oct. 16, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: October 9, 2014
- South Shore Police Report: Oct. 9, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: October 2, 2014
- South Shore Police Report: Oct. 2, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: September 25, 2014