Students from Fritsche Middle School, Tippecanoe Arts and Humanities and Trowbridge School of Discovery will be among the more than 2,000 local students from 38 schools to take center stage at the Bradley Center on Saturday, May 9, in the third annual Danceworks Mad Hot Ballroom and Tap competition.
The all-day event is free and open to the public.
MHBT kicks off at 9 a.m. with the first heat of the tap competition. Fourth- and fifth-grade dancers will showcase Latin, swing and funky styles of tap throughout the morning. The final round of tap competition is scheduled to begin about 12:30 p.m.
About 2 p.m., the ballroom competition, featuring fifth- and sixth-grade students, will begin. Pairs will dance tango, salsa and swing. The final round of the ballroom competition will take place about 5:30 p.m.
Guest performances by the Latino Arts String Program, Rince Nia Academy of Irish Dance and hip-hop performers will be given between the tap and ballroom competitions.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Shore police report: Dec. 11, 2014
- South Shore police report: Dec. 11, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: Dec. 4, 2014
- South Shore police report: Dec. 4, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: Nov. 27, 2014 issue
- Cudahy woman displayed Slovakian crafts at Holiday Folk Fair
- South Shore Community Calendar
- Menomonee Falls approves flat tax rate for 2015
- South Shore police report: Nov. 20, 2014
- South Shore police report: Nov. 20, 2014 issue