More than 350 emergency response and law enforcement workers from 30 agencies within Wisconsin and Illinois are expected to participate in a full-scale homeland security exercise in the Port of Milwaukee tomorrow, the Milwaukee Police Department has announced.
“Heartland Initiative 2009” simulates a water-borne terrorist attack using radiological materials and will give participants the opportunity to exercise public health, crisis communications, tactical response, law enforcement, hazardous material recovery, port security and other emergency management capabilities.
Multi-agency response teams will conduct a vessel boarding, dive operations and hazardous materials response, to include decontamination.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Shore police report: October 30, 2014
- South Shore police report: October 23, 2014
- Germantown village officials to consider fire department referendum tonight
- South Shore police report: Oct. 23, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: October 16, 2014
- New antique shop could replace Twirly Birds in Wauwatosa Village
- South Shore Police Report: Oct. 16, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: October 9, 2014
- South Shore Police Report: Oct. 9, 2014 issue
- South Shore police report: October 2, 2014