South Shore residents will pay tribute to those who gave their lives for our country in several Memorial Day ceremonies Monday, May 25.
A ceremony will begin at 11 a.m. at the Cudahy War Memorial, 4800 S. Lake Drive, near the western edge of Sheridan Park. Included will be music, a color guard presentation and speeches. For information, call (414) 762-2860.
St. Francis will hold a ceremony beginning at 8:30 a.m. at the St. Francis Veterans Memorial, 4230 S. Nicholson Ave. The Catholic War Veterans of South Milwaukee will present the colors, followed by firing of the rifles and playing of taps by American Legion Post 27.
John Kusko, co-founder of Dryhootch, which provides counseling services to local veterans, will give a speech, and Miss St. Francis Deborah Hammernik will read the names from the memorial. Music will be provided by the high school band. Refreshments will be provided after the half-hour ceremony. For information call (414) 483-6257.
The only community in the area to hold a parade, South Milwaukee's festivities will begin at 10 a.m. at 13th and Milwaukee avenues. The parade will proceed north on 10th Avenue to the war memorial on North Chicago Avenue.
A ceremony honoring those who died while serving in the armed forces will be held after the parade. For information, call (414) 762-2222.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- South Shore police report: July 9, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: July 2, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: June 25, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: June 18, 2015
- South Shore police report: June 18, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: June 4, 2015
- South Shore police report: June 4, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: May 28, 2015
- South Shore police report: May 28, 2015 issue