• A lawnmower was taken from a locked garage in the 3100 block of East Grange Avenue prior to 10:20 p.m. July 20. Loss is $2,000. The garage's lock was damaged to gain entry.
• A 57-year-old Oak Creek woman reportedly embezzled $40,000 from Kopess Manufacturing, 4949 S. Whitnall Ave., between Aug. 4, 2008, and July 3.
• A window was shattered and two purses were taken from a vehicle in the 3800 block of East Armour Avenue prior to 8:08 a.m. July 3.
• A sport utility vehicle was taken from the 4500 block of Kingan Avenue prior to 6:22 a.m. July 13. Loss is $5,000.
• Gasoline was taken from Speedway, 6265 S. Pennsylvania Ave., at 10:25 a.m. July 16. Loss is $20.
• A 26-year-old Cudahy man was arrested for attempted auto theft after he was seen tampering with a vehicle's steering column in the employee parking lot of Ladish, 5481 S. Packard Ave., at 8:58 p.m. July 20. He had been on parole for auto theft.
• A lawnmower was taken from an unlocked garage in the 3600 block of Underwood Avenue prior to 12:47 p.m. July 23. Loss is $200.
• An unlocked bicycle was taken from a yard in the 3000 block of East Ramsey Avenue prior to 6:46 p.m. July 23.
• A cell phone charger was taken from an unlocked vehicle in the 2900 block of East College Avenue prior to noon July 24. Loss is $20.
• A cell phone charger and vehicle operators manual was taken from an unlocked vehicle in the 3000 block of East Donald Avenue prior to 8:30 a.m. July 25. Loss is $21.
• CDs, a cell phone adapter and a digital media player cord were taken from an unlocked vehicle in the 2900 block of East Iona Terrace prior to 8 p.m. July 25. Loss is $104.
• A 31-year-old Cudahy man was approached by two men who struck him in the face with a rock and battered him in the 5000 block of South Packard Avenue at 1:38 a.m. July 19.
• A 29-year-old South Milwaukee man was arrested for marijuana possession in the 5600 block of South Packard Avenue at 5:48 p.m. July 18.
• An 18-year-old South Milwaukee man was arrested for possession of marijuana, with intent to sell, and paraphernalia after he was pulled over because of suspended registration in the 4500 block of South Kinnickinnic Avenue at 9:56 p.m. July 18. Police confiscated 49 grams of marijuana and a pipe.
• A 17-year-old Milwaukee boy was arrested for marijuana possession after he was pulled over for traveling 45 miles per hour in a 25-mph zone in the 5000 block of Lake Drive at 4:40 p.m. July 21.
• A rock shattered a home's window in the 3800 block of East Munkwitz Avenue prior to 8 a.m. July 21. Damage is $132.
• A window screen on a home was slashed in the 3600 block of East Martin Avenue prior to 3 p.m. July 22. Damage is $30.
• A vehicle's windshield and body and a garage door were dented by several golf balls at R & W Roofing, 5373 S. Whitnall Ave., prior to 4:27 p.m. July 22. Damage is $2,000.
• A 26-year-old Oak Creek woman, a 50-year-old Waukesha woman and a 20-year-old Milwaukee woman, all bartenders at Stingrays, 5132 S. Packard Ave., were cited for serving alcohol to a 19-year-old Cudahy woman prior to 1:36 a.m. July 13. That woman, who passed out outside the bar and had a blood-alcohol content of 0.20, was cited for underage drinking.
• A 48-year-old Oak Creek man was arrested for disorderly conduct after being intoxicated and yelling expletives at a Little League baseball game at Ladish Park, 3451 E. Ramsey Avenue, at 8:20 p.m. July 21.
• A 25-year-old Cudahy man was cited for disorderly conduct after he threatened neighbors that complained about his music being too loud at an apartment in the 5000 block of Hately Avenue at 3:25 a.m. July 23.
• Police made two domestic violence arrests.
• The Fire Department responded to two fires, 33 medical calls and one service call.
• A home's window was smashed in the 5800 block of South Illinois Avenue prior to 10 p.m. July 14. Damage is $400.
• A vehicle's tire was slashed in the 2900 block of East Bolivar Avenue prior to 7 a.m. July 25. Damage is $200.
• A West Highland terrier was attacked by a loose bull mastiff and sustained minor injuries while walking with its owner in the 4000 block of South Hately Avenue at 3:30 p.m. July 18. The owner of the bulldog, which will be quarantined for 10 days, was cited for allowing the dog to run at large.
• Police made no domestic violence arrests.
• The Fire Department responded to two fires, 18 medical calls and no service calls.
• A 20-year-old South Milwaukee man was robbed outside of his home near 16th and Missouri avenues at 1:48 a.m. July 25. He was counting his money when another man approached him, snatched $25 from his hand and fled.
• An unlocked bike was taken from a yard in the 3300 block of Fifth Avenue prior to 10:15 a.m. July 19. Loss is $200.
• An unlocked bike was taken from a yard in the 1000 block of Milwaukee Avenue prior to 7:05 p.m. July 21. Loss is $90.
• A baseball bag, gloves and cleats were taken from an unlocked vehicle prior to 5:15 p.m. July 24. Loss is $410.
• A 17-year-old South Milwaukee boy was cited for battery after beating another 17-year-old boy in the 700 block of Marion Avenue because he refused to lend a $1 at 6:30 a.m. July 20.
• A 26-year-old South Milwaukee man was arrested for drug paraphernalia after officers found a pipe in the 1500 block of North Chicago Avenue at 4:15 a.m. July 23.
• A 26-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for his first drunken-driving offense and operating without a license after he was seen driving without headlights near Ninth and Milwaukee avenues at 12:18 a.m. July 23. His blood-alcohol content was 0.12.
• A 26-year-old South Milwaukee woman was arrested for her first drunken-driving offense after she almost struck a median and she was seen using a right-turn lane as a southbound traffic lane near Lake Drive and Pine Street at 1:03 a.m. July 23.
• A 24-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for his first drunken-driving offense in the 1500 block of Milwaukee Avenue at 1:02 a.m. July 25. His blood-alcohol content was 0.23.
• A 23-year-old Oak Creek man was arrested for his first drunken-driving offense near 17th and Rawson avenues prior to 2:22 a.m. July 25. His blood-alcohol content was 0.16.
• A vehicle's side mirror was smashed in the 600 block of Montana Avenue prior to 9:28 p.m. July 21. Damage is $60.
• A window at BJ's Liquor, 2411 Fifth Avenue, was smashed prior to 8:45 a.m. July 26. Damage is $500.
• A 28-year-old South Milwaukee woman reported someone fraudulently opened an AT&T account with her identity prior to noon July 14.
• A 50-year-old South Milwaukee man who was recently evicted was found living in his former apartment building's storage area in the 600 block of Blake Avenue at 3:24 p.m. July 22.
• A 21-year-old South Milwaukee woman was cited for disorderly conduct after she was carried out of Spirits tavern, 922 Milwaukee Ave., and then kicked patrons waiting outside at 1:01 a.m. July 23. Her blood-alcohol content was 0.21.
• A 49-year-old South Milwaukee man was cited for open intoxicants after drinking and sitting outside of a day care and harassing visitors in the 2900 block of South Chicago Avenue prior to 5:47 p.m. July 23.
• A 59-year-old South Milwaukee man was arrested for disorderly conduct after publicly urinating at the Evening on the Avenue festival in the 1000 block of Milwaukee Avenue at 8 p.m. July 23.
• A 54-year-old South Milwaukee woman reported a debit card in her name was used to make purchases in Miami prior to 5:30 p.m. July 26. Loss is $1,000.
• There were three domestic violence arrests.
• The Fire Department responded to no fires, 52 medical calls and one service call.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!