The operator of a motorcycle who was killed when the bike slammed into a car in Bay View was identified by the Milwaukee County medical examiner's office Wednesday as Reynold Allen Pamaska.
Pamaska was killed Saturday when the 2004 Suzuki GSXR he was riding slammed into a car at S. Kinnickinnic and E. Clement avenues, according to a medical examiner's report.
Police witnessed Pamaska, 29, heading south on Kinnickinnic Ave. at more than 100 mph shortly after 10 p.m., the report said.
Two other officers in a northbound squad who also saw the cycle heading south turned around and began following it. The squad then pulled behind the cycle after Pamaska stopped in the 2600 block of S. Kinnickinnic.
Pamaska then looked over his shoulder and saw the squad before taking off at a high rate of speed, the report said. The officers followed and activated the squad's emergency lights but shut them off when they saw the cycle veering into northbound traffic.
The officers lost sight of Pamaska but continued south until they came to Clement Ave., where the cycle had struck a 1995 Chevy Beretta crossing the southbound lane.
Milwaukee firefighters had to cut the roof off the car to extricate three occupants, who were taken to the hospital.
Pamaska, who was found on a sidewalk, was pronounced dead at the scene. The cycle was found on top of a parked vehicle down the street.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Cudahy woman displayed Slovakian crafts at Holiday Folk Fair
- South Milwaukee schools raise money for heart research
- Area high school students recognized in Junior Achievement challenge
- South Shore NOW claims a second in state newspaper contest (3)
- Teff Gymnasium forever (11)
- Historic Bay View tunnel could be used for wastewater storage (8)
- Geocaching is a free, easy activity in any community
- Longing for good biking all year round? It's here
- Flying high
- Man escapes drug sting after trip to hospital