The Bay View Neighborhood Association is working on yet another project designed to bring visitors to "downtown" Bay View and enhance the local landscape.
Stephanie Harling, president of the BVNA, said the group is working on a public art installation with a target date of late April or early May to unveil the pieces.
Harling said three of four potential sites along South Kinnickinnic Avenue have been identified to act as hosts for the temporary public art exhibit - Wild Flour Bakery building near South Kinnickinnic and East Lincoln avenues, an empty storefront on South Kinnickinnic Avenue and the Avalon Theater.
"We're still working on the fourth location," she said.
The art may be displayed on the interior of some locations and outside other spots, Harling said.
She said the association has not yet issued a call for proposals, but said she hopes the art might include large murals, silhouette art, sculpture or any type of art that might attract interest and add to the aesthetics of the area.
The neighborhood association is working in partnership with Insite Milwaukee for the spring installation and Harling said the groups are considering producing "cycles of art" in Bay View, perhaps with another exhibit in another part of the community at a later date.
Harling said the BVNA is funding the project.
- Nan Bialek, Staff Writer
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wisconsin Auctioneers Association - "Be the Change"
- North Shore school, municipal officials announce candidacy for April election
- Cudahy woman displayed Slovakian crafts at Holiday Folk Fair
- South Milwaukee schools raise money for heart research
- Area high school students recognized in Junior Achievement challenge
- South Shore NOW claims a second in state newspaper contest (3)
- Teff Gymnasium forever (11)
- Historic Bay View tunnel could be used for wastewater storage (8)
- Geocaching is a free, easy activity in any community
- Longing for good biking all year round? It's here