The fourth annual Bay View Bash, billed as Milwaukee's largest street festival, is scheduled from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 15, on South Kinnickinnic Avenue from East Potter Avenue to East Clement Avenue.
Bands scheduled to appear on the north stage at South Kinnickinnic and Potter Street are the Jetty Boys, John Savage, Knit Delicate, Testa Rosa, Championship, Decibully and Brazaville.
The center stage at South Kinnickinnic and East Russell avenues will feature live music by Matthew Miller, The Urbanites, Universal Love Band, Lucky Diop and Avalon 4.
Scheduled to appear on the south stage at South Kinnickinnic and East Clement avenues are Lost in a Name, magician Mark Bond, Fire on Your Sleeve, Dropmore Scarlett, The Buggs and EIEIO.
The teen activities area on South Kinnickinnic and South Herman Street will feature local teen bands.
A demonstration area at South Kinnickinnic and South Lenox Street will be the scene of the "King of Bay View" strongman competition, kids' yoga, and Nia dance and movement demonstrations, and a fashion show featuring clothing from Bay View boutiques Future Green, Fasten and Tip Top Atomic Shop.
The event also includes local food and merchandise vendors and a children's area. Visitors will be invited to help paint park benches for Bay View parks throughout the day.
The Bay View Bash is organized by the Bay View Neighborhood Association. For information, visit bayviewbash.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wisconsin Auctioneers Association - "Be the Change"
- North Shore school, municipal officials announce candidacy for April election
- Cudahy woman displayed Slovakian crafts at Holiday Folk Fair
- South Milwaukee schools raise money for heart research
- Area high school students recognized in Junior Achievement challenge
- South Shore NOW claims a second in state newspaper contest (3)
- Teff Gymnasium forever (11)
- Historic Bay View tunnel could be used for wastewater storage (8)
- Geocaching is a free, easy activity in any community
- Longing for good biking all year round? It's here