Oak Creek - Police have issued an arrest warrant for an alleged drug dealer who escaped custody Oct. 31.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
A 26-year-old Milwaukee man sold six bags of crack cocaine to an undercover police officer while the two were sitting in a car in the parking lot at Milwaukee Area Technical College, 6665 S. Howell Ave., shortly before 8 a.m. Oct. 31.
When a detective came to the passenger-side door to make the arrest, the man struck him and ran off, with two officers in pursuit. The officers caught the man, but he resisted arrest and refused to put his hands behind his back.
Police used a Taser to gain control of the man after they saw him place a plastic bag into his mouth. The man was unable to swallow the bag and eventually spit it out. The bag contained 3.5 grams of powder cocaine, 14 grams of crack cocaine and 33 additional corner-cut bags.
He was arrested for possession of cocaine with intent to deliver, resisting an officer and felony bail jumping. After his arrest, he was taken to Wheaton Franciscan Hospital because he had ingested some cocaine.
At 8:50 p.m., Wheaton Franciscan called police to report the man had escaped the hospital through an emergency exit. Police searched the area but were unable to find him.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Shore police report: July 9, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: July 2, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: June 25, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: June 18, 2015
- South Shore police report: June 18, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: June 4, 2015
- South Shore police report: June 4, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: May 28, 2015
- South Shore police report: May 28, 2015 issue
- South Shore police report: May 14, 2015