Coach John Veal was pleased with the results after the Brookfield East wrestling team participated in the Cedar Grove-Belgium Invitational on Saturday.
The Spartans had seven wrestlers place, including three - Casey Dentino, Billy Dillon and Tyler Lecher - who brought home second-place trophies.
Justin Wolfenden, Kevin Dentino, Larry Watson and Joey Woppert were the four wrestlers who placed third.
"Woppert actually tied for first and beat the No. 1 and No. 2 kids in the state in (Division 2)," Veal said, "but he took third place on criteria."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Adams agrees to be interim Germantown boys basketball coach
- New Berlin West's Pipik highlights golf team's season
- Nicolet rallies past Germantown on Wagner's hit , 7-6
- Local coach, players boost fortunes of MATC baseball (4)
- Bradley Tech 60, Bay View 57: Bradley Tech tops Bay View in overtime
- Summer baseball: More and Cudahy call it even in doubleheader
- Wrestling: East has seven wrestlers place
- Rest easy Rockets, playoff berth is in the bag
- Boys soccer: East All-Stars dominate NOW/Wave showcase (3)
- Milwaukee Riverside 25, Bay View 7: Flu-ridden Tigers get some nice presents