The Milwaukee Philatelic Society, Inc. will present Milcopex 2010, Sept. 24-26 at the Wyndham Milwaukee Airport and Convention Center, 4747 S. Howell Ave., Milwaukee, Wis.
Admission and parking will be free. Hours are Friday and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The Milwaukee show will feature a 40 dealer bourse (sales area) witha United States Postal Service, United Nations Postal Administration and an extensive youth area.
Three show covers, one for each day, will represent the Pony Express, current mail delivery and computer mail. The covers will be franked with a personalized postage stamp of Sir Rowland Hill who invented the adhesive postage stamp. They will sell for $2.50 each or $6.00 for a set of three. They are available from John Fagan, W140 N7470 Lilly Road, Menomonee Falls, WI 53051.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee Concert Band Winter Concert
- Memory Cafes coming to Bay View!
- Milwaukee Art Museum Hosts Kohl's Art Generation Open Studio: Wearable Art
- Bunny Plans Special Stop at Pulaski Pavilion
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Parkside Theatre Presents "A Midsummer Night's Dream"
- Franklin Artist Wins "Best of Show" at 2015 League of Milwaukee Artists' Spring Show
- Band Together Concert Fundraiser to feature UW-Madison Marching Band
- #1 Show Cats in the World live right here in Milwaukee
- Holocaust Remembrance Service