For those looking to “re-boot” a few pairs of boots, a local fitness group is providing an opportunity to give back. Milwaukee Adventure Boot Camp (MABC) kicks off the second annual “Big Boot Recruit” to collect gently used boots to donate to local families, announced Catherine Andersen, MABC owner and head coach.
Free boot camp sessions held Saturday, October 30, in Glendale, Bay View and Brookfield will mark the official start of the charity drive.
The drive will run October 30, 2010-January 7, 2011 and collected boots will be donated to The Salvation Army.
The public can donate boots in the following ways:
1. Enjoy taking a free boot camp session October 30 and bring along your used boots (Registration required/used boots welcome but not required.)
Free sessions will be held at three locations (directions on Web site):
o Brookfield Indoor Soccer Complex, 6-7 a.m., 19485 W. Lisbon Ave., Brookfield
o New MABC Indoor Facility, 7-8 a.m., 4170 N. Port Washington Rd., Glendale.
St. Thomas Aquinas Academy, 7-8 a.m., 341 E. Norwich St., Bay View
o Directions included on Web site, www.milwaukeebootcamp.com
2. Drop off boots at a variety of city locations, which are listed at www.milwaukeebootcamp.com.
3. Enrolled campers can bring boots to their workouts.
The Big Boot Recruit is seeking boots of all kinds – work boots, hiking boots, women’s, men’s and children’s rain boots and snow boots. “Last winter, our campers and the public donated 150 pairs of boots.” Andersen said. “We hope to push that number even higher this year.”
“If people have no-longer-used boots cluttering up closets, basements and garages, we welcome them,” said Andersen. “And gathering additional pairs from friends, neighbors and family would really help keep those who are less fortunate stay warm and dry this winter.”
The public can check the Web site, MilwaukeeBootCamp.com, for drop-off sites that include the following MABC preferred vendors:
• Aspen Medical Aesthetics & Laser Clinic, 11037 N. Towne Square Rd., Mequon
• Shop, 1918 E. Capitol Dr., Shorewood
• Elements, 312 E. Silver Spring Dr., Whitefish Bay
• Jeff’s Sports Inc., 14165 W. Capitol Dr., Brookfield
• Actaea Works, Ltd., 2173 South Kinnickinnic Ave., Bay View
Milwaukee Adventure Boot Camp, a complete fitness program that runs year-round both indoors and outside, has class locations in Milwaukee, Bay View and Brookfield. The exercise regimen includes weight training, cardio games and drills, core training with elements of yoga and Pilates, and other cardio conditioning and full-body muscle-strengthening aspects; a nutritional component also plays a very strong role in the program, along with strong coaching support. MABC, a division of Achieve Personal Fitness, Inc., is the only Better Business Bureau-accredited fitness boot camp in Milwaukee and the state.
For more information about Milwaukee Adventure Boot Camp visit www.milwaukeebootcamp.com or call 1-414-881-5FIT (348).
- Bluegrass Fest Benefit to Pulaski Park-Cudahy
- Pancake Breakfast at the Kelly Center
- Hoops for Awareness
- The South Shore Farmers Market is open for the season
- Shop St. Francis Week - June 27 to July 4th Offers discounts and offers!
- Cigar Networkers of Milwaukee Presents - Know Your Leaf
- Bay View Senior Awarded Rotary Scholarship
- Support for K9s Keeps "Brewing"
- 3 Free Yoga Classes At The Cudahy Family Library
- Local Shop Holds Classes for adults & kids