James Steeno is pleased to announce the opening of James Steeno Gallery – located at 5700 W. Vliet St., Milwaukee, Wis. The gallery, located in the front of the Appraisals By Schley offices in the Washington Heights neighborhood, will showcase the original artwork of emerging regional artist and Wisconsin native James Steeno. A reception to celebrate the opening of the gallery is planned for Friday, November 5, 2010 from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
“I am excited by the opportunity to have a gallery that showcases my works right in my own neighborhood. With other art galleries close by, it’s also a great way to promote Milwaukee-area artists,” Steeno says. The intimate gallery space will offer changing shows featuring works by Steeno as well as other artists, with the first extended show planned for early in 2011.
“This new gallery enhances the already growing reputation of Vliet Street and the Washington Heights neighborhood as a destination for those seeking the work of local fine artists,” says Dan Schley, building owner and longtime neighborhood advocate. “With the upcoming Holiday Heights celebration Nov. 19-20, James will be off to a great start.”
James Steeno is well-known locally for his distinctive impressionistic watercolors that depict the architecture and landscapes of Milwaukee and beyond. An active member of Milwaukee Artist Resource Network, which also recently moved its headquarters to Vliet St., he frequently participates in plein air painting events throughout Southeastern Wisconsin, as well as in shows at some of the area’s largest outdoor art fairs. His pieces can be found in private collections around the United States.
James Steeno Gallery will be open Wednesdays from 5-8 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. beginning November 1, with extended hours for holiday shopping as well as hours by appointment. Free street-side parking is available.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HamBINGO Thursday June 4 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- Seeking Adult Day Services Program Volunteers at Lutheran Home
- Cudahy Farmers Market Grand Opening June 3!
- SM Author Jerrianne Hayslett’s Short Story Wins First-Place Prize
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- St. Mark's Project Concern Benefit Musical Extravaganza
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins Announces Support for 2015 MECA Vest a K-9 Fest
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- North Shore Suzuki Strings celebrates 25th anniversary
- Oak Creek Resident Finishing Term of Service with Milwaukee Nonprofit