Looking for free family fun this weekend? The Milwaukee Holiday Lights Festival welcomes Santa and Mrs. Claus to Cathedral Square Park, 520 E. Wells St., Saturday, Dec. 11 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., for Cocoa with the Clauses presented by Madison Medical Affiliates. With a few elves at their side, the Clauses will hear wish lists and pose for pictures free of charge. Just don’t forget the camera!
Guests will also find a few other holiday characters frolicking about the park. Keep an eye out for Mrs. Snow, Mrs. Ginger, the Gingerbread Man and other familiar faces. Free hot cocoa and cookies will be served throughout the afternoon and kids will receive a goodie bag while supplies last.
In addition, Radio Disney AM1640 will be on hand providing rockin’ road shows and a free crafts station that gives every boy and girl the chance to design a holiday picture frame to take home.
Bring your canned goods! While Cocoa with the Clauses is a free event, nonperishable food items will be collected for Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin (formerly Second Harvest).
After visiting with Santa and Mrs. Claus, families are invited to have lunch downtown. Neighboring restaurants, Flannery’s, Louise’s and Mikey’s, will assemble kid-friendly meal deals just for the occasion.
More info on Cocoa with the Clauses can be found at www.milwaukeeholidaylights.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Celebrate Independence Day at Humboldt Park
- Fun, food and fireworks, it's South Shore Frolic time!
- DYPC Junior & Senior Company Auditions
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Music for every Palate – South Milwaukee Market announces July music line up
- Back to School Event for Foster Children Urges Public to Volunteer
- Real Time - First Friday Performance Series at Danceworks
- Catey Ott Dance Collective: 3rd (i) EYE Conscious
- The UMDF Energy for Life Walk is September 26th!
- Memoir about Oak Creek