Soulstice Theatre proudly presents the Milwaukee premiere of Conor McPherson’s haunting drama ' Shining City" from February 10 - 26 at the Marian Center for Nonprofits in St. Francis.
Master storyteller and award-winning Irish playwright Conor McPherson sets "Shining City" in Dublin, where a guilt-ridden man reaches out to a therapist after seeing the ghost of his recently deceased wife. Wrestling with his own demons, the therapist can only do so much to help. What begins as an awkward encounter becomes a struggle for understanding of what it means to lose faith – in God, in relationships and in oneself – as both men look to find redemption in the most unlikely places.
“…haunting, inspired and absolutely glorious. As close to perfection as contemporary playwriting gets.” New York Times
David Ferrie ("Clarence Darrow", Boulevard Theatre) makes his Soulstice debut as the tormented patient, John. Veteran Soulstice actors Josh Perkins "(Chess") and Jillian Smith ("Children of a Lesser God") play the roles of the troubled therapist, Ian, and his girlfriend, Neasa. Jordan Gwiazdowski ("Bat Boy", Greendale Community Theater) joins the cast as the unexpected visitor, Laurence. Shining City is directed by Matthew Michaelis and produced by Char Manny.
Soulstice is the only local theatre company that donates a portion of the box office to an organization whose mission matches the meaning of the show. For Shining City, the donation will be made to the Irish Cultural & Heritage Center (ICHC) in Milwaukee.
Thurs: Feb 10 pay-what-you-can
Fri/Sat: Feb 11/12, 18/19, 25/26
All Shows: 7:30 PM
Marian Center for Nonprofits - Auditorium Theatre
3211 S. Lake Drive, St. Francis.
( south parking lot, SW entrance to building, elevator or stairs to 3rd floor)
Tickets: $15 / $12
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar
- #YourStoryMKE Shares Personal Stories About Those Benefiting from Catholic Charities’ Programs
- Book Release Party at Cudahy Family Library
- Bay View Historical Society Annual Walk on August 6th
- St. Ann Center Gala Promises An Uplifting Experience
- Thank you from the Humboldt Park 4th of July Association
- It's South Shore Frolics Time!