Soulstice Theatre proudly presents the Milwaukee premiere of Conor McPherson’s haunting drama ' Shining City" from February 10 - 26 at the Marian Center for Nonprofits in St. Francis.
Master storyteller and award-winning Irish playwright Conor McPherson sets "Shining City" in Dublin, where a guilt-ridden man reaches out to a therapist after seeing the ghost of his recently deceased wife. Wrestling with his own demons, the therapist can only do so much to help. What begins as an awkward encounter becomes a struggle for understanding of what it means to lose faith – in God, in relationships and in oneself – as both men look to find redemption in the most unlikely places.
“…haunting, inspired and absolutely glorious. As close to perfection as contemporary playwriting gets.” New York Times
David Ferrie ("Clarence Darrow", Boulevard Theatre) makes his Soulstice debut as the tormented patient, John. Veteran Soulstice actors Josh Perkins "(Chess") and Jillian Smith ("Children of a Lesser God") play the roles of the troubled therapist, Ian, and his girlfriend, Neasa. Jordan Gwiazdowski ("Bat Boy", Greendale Community Theater) joins the cast as the unexpected visitor, Laurence. Shining City is directed by Matthew Michaelis and produced by Char Manny.
Soulstice is the only local theatre company that donates a portion of the box office to an organization whose mission matches the meaning of the show. For Shining City, the donation will be made to the Irish Cultural & Heritage Center (ICHC) in Milwaukee.
Thurs: Feb 10 pay-what-you-can
Fri/Sat: Feb 11/12, 18/19, 25/26
All Shows: 7:30 PM
Marian Center for Nonprofits - Auditorium Theatre
3211 S. Lake Drive, St. Francis.
( south parking lot, SW entrance to building, elevator or stairs to 3rd floor)
Tickets: $15 / $12
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brighter Economic Prospects Brings Greater Focus on Cash Flow, Efficiency
- Rose Tattoo folk group to be revived in Milwaukee
- Bayview Historical Society 35th Anniversary Celebration
- St. Thomas More High School to Dedicate New Gym Floor to Coach Rick Majerus
- Band Concert - Cudahy Historical Society
- Habitat for Humanity Selects Flat Rate Home Services to Assist in New Project
- Meijer Launches Simply Give Campaign in New Wisconsin Supercenters
- Milwaukee's Inner-City Youth Have a Reason to Read & Succeed
- Mayor Announces that City of St. Francis Development efforts moving forward
- Increased aircraft activity over Milwaukee this week