In an effort to help charities struggling in a down economy, Kapco Inc., an industrial Metal Stamping company based in Grafton, Wis., announced that it is sponsoring and coordinating a unique, philanthropic event in Milwaukee on Saturday, April 2, 2011. Through “The Grand Slam Charity Jam,” Kapco and other supporting sponsors hope to raise $100,000, which will be distributed to more than 50 Wisconsin charities. Sugar Ray is headlining with special performances by American Idol stars Kimberley Locke and Paris Bennett; Jamecia of Sounds of Blackness; Abri van Straten of The Lemmings; and The Boogie Men.
Beginning at 5:30 p.m., the event will feature a VIP dinner party with live art by international artist Eric Waugh. The concert will immediately follow beginning at 8:00 p.m., and an after party will conclude the event from 10:30 p.m. until 12:30 a.m. In addition to the performances, several local and national celebrities will be on hand including event host Kristin Bauer, Racine native and star of HBO’s True Blood; Packers legend LeRoy Butler; former Milwaukee Brewer Larry Hisle; among others.
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar
- #YourStoryMKE Shares Personal Stories About Those Benefiting from Catholic Charities’ Programs
- Book Release Party at Cudahy Family Library
- Bay View Historical Society Annual Walk on August 6th
- St. Ann Center Gala Promises An Uplifting Experience
- Thank you from the Humboldt Park 4th of July Association
- It's South Shore Frolics Time!