Saint Thomas More High School receives grant from the Greater Milwaukee Foundation for expansion of PROJECT LEAD THE WAY – Biomedical Science Program
Saint Thomas More High School (STM) is proud to announce that we have received a $32,692 grant from the Greater Milwaukee Foundation’s Project Lead the Way Fund. Established in 2009 – 2010 with the offering of the course Principles of Biomedical Sciences and expanded this year to include a second course entitled Human Body Systems, the Saint Thomas More program now has an enrollment of 72 students. With the addition of a third course entitled Medical Interventions in 2011-2012 and a fourth course, Biomedical Innovation, in 2012-2013, enrollment in the program is expected to double.
Grant funds awarded by the Greater Milwaukee Foundation will be used to cover the Project Lead the Way annual participation fee for two years, the cost of teacher training for both Medical Interventions and Biomedical Innovations, and the cost of both one-time and annual equipment purchases necessary for presentation of the two new courses and the two existing courses during the two-year period.
Darlene Langhoff, Chair of Saint Thomas More’s Biomedical Science Department shared, “We are very grateful to have received this grant to fund the expansion of our Biomedical Science. What an amazing opportunity for our students! The knowledge and experience they gain in these classes will, without a doubt, help them to become the type of biomedical professionals that are needed in our community. “
This grant comes on the heels of Saint Thomas More High School’s national certification for the Project Lead The Way program in BOTH Biomedical Science and Engineering this year. The first and only high school in Wisconsin to received such distinction to date.
- Kitten Baby Shower Saturday May 7 at Second Hand Purrs
- South Milwaukee Little League Opening Day
- MARDI GRAS IN MAY!
- Sister Edna’s Jewelry Gets Shiny New Look
- Midwest Premiere Event "A Disappearing"
- Play Minecraft in a Movie Theatre
- One week left to consider virtual education for your child
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry
- Spring Estate and Rummage Sale at St. Ann Center