As one of the area’s sure signs that spring is not far off, Lake Express ferry will begin selling tickets for the 2011 season on Tuesday, March 15. Convenient daily service will begin on April 29, and continue through the end of October. This will be the ferry’s eighth season providing service between Milwaukee and Muskegon, Mich.
A number of different promotions throughout the season will provide travelers an opportunity to ride the ferry at discounted prices, including kids under the age of 17 being able to ride for $12 all season long. Additionally, motorcycles will ride for free from April through June, and in September and October for a total savings of $61 for a one-way trip and $122 roundtrip.
“Most travelers are looking for value these days and they’ll find it at Lake Express with these travel deals,” said Ken Szallai, president of Lake Express. “We’re happy to bring these deals back this year and look forward announcing other cost-saving promotions as the season progresses.”
Lake Express tickets can be purchased using the ferry’s online reservation system, making it easier for customers to purchase and alter their reservations through the ferry’s website,
The high-speed ferry has terminals in both Milwaukee and Muskegon, Mich., and accommodates 250 passengers and 46 vehicles during each trip across Lake Michigan. With multiple daily voyages each totaling two and one half hours, riders often choose the ferry as a convenient alternative for avoiding congested Chicago traffic, and reducing travel time between Michigan and Wisconsin.
Lake Express is an eco-friendly ferry, and has been Travel Green Certified by the Wisconsin Department of Tourism since 2008. For more information on Lake Express, ticket prices or schedule details, call 1-866-914-1010 or visit www.lake-express.com.
About the Lake Express: The Milwaukee-based Lake Express ferry began service in 2004, and it is the Midwest’s only high-speed auto/passenger ferry. The ferry accommodates 250 passengers, and holds up to 46 vehicles and 12 motorcycles. With terminals in both Milwaukee, Wis. and Muskegon, Mich., Lake Express makes multiple daily trips across Lake Michigan, with each voyage totaling two and one-half hours. Ample parking and easy interstate access are available at both terminals, as well as car rental, taxi and shuttle services. As a fun, fast and easy transportation service, Lake Express has become the premier travel option to avoid lengthy, congested drives through Chicago, Ill. For more information or to schedule a trip visit www.lake-express.com or call 1-866-914-1010.
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar
- #YourStoryMKE Shares Personal Stories About Those Benefiting from Catholic Charities’ Programs
- Book Release Party at Cudahy Family Library
- Bay View Historical Society Annual Walk on August 6th
- St. Ann Center Gala Promises An Uplifting Experience