“Unexpected Bonds” A solo Sculpture Exhibition by Dana Suster
April 15th 6-9 p.m. at Sparrow Collective
2224 S Kinnickinnic Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53207
Looking for something a little different to do on a Friday night? Come hang with some interesting people while looking at unique 3D large-scale sculptures. Dana Suster’s artwork, which focuses on animals and nature, while simultaneously negating it with a synthetic reality will be featured at Milwaukee’s unique handmade shop Sparrow Collective! Cupcakes, wine, art, fun people, what more could you ask for?
Dana Suster is a working artist who earned her bachelor of fine arts in Fiber Material Studies with an emphasis in sculpture from the School of The Art Institute of Chicago in 2007. Her work has been featured in galleries throughout Chicago. She grew up in Miami, FL and her design aesthetic is an amalgam of the glitzy art deco style of Miami Beach and her love of nature and animals.
The show will feature sculptures both new and old. When asked about her work the artist said: "My work has always been highly detail-oriented and process-based. Step by step my sculptures slowly come to life and develop meaning and structure in an intuitive way. Each piece invites the viewer to interpret it as they choose and to include their own personal mythology to each component and piece as a whole. Every sculptural component is chosen not only for its aesthetics but also for the relationship it creates when paired with another. For me, an object is unique when it is able to speak for itself."
Come meet the artist April 15th 6-9 p.m. Sculptures will be exhibited from April 15th till the 30th. Sparrow Collective is open 12-7 Tuesday through Saturday and 12-5 on Sundays.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- A Musical Benefit for Project Concern
- Beware of Memorial Day Scams Aimed at Military Personnel
- STM Student Wins Prestigious Gates Scholarship
- Better Business Bureau Urges Donor Caution After Tornadoes
- Ted Lang Speed and Agility Camp at Cudahy High School (June 17th-21st)
- Cudahy High School Football to Offer Free Football Camps This Summer
- Cudahy High School Football Golf Outing-August 17th at Grant Park
- Children’s Medical Grants Now Available in Wisconsin from the UnitedHealthcare Children’s Foundation
- First Weber Welcomes Experienced Agent....
- Grant Park Warbler Walks welcomes newbies