Sandra Graham, Ph.D., has been appointed Dean of Alverno College’s School of Arts and Sciences. In this role, she will provide leadership and partner with faculty to foster student achievement. The largest of the College’s four schools, the School of Arts and Sciences is comprised of four divisions – Humanities; Arts, Communication & Technology; Behavioral Sciences; and Natural Sciences, Mathematics & Technology – and offers courses which provide students with a deeper knowledge of the wider world, promoting intellectual and personal development.
Graham first came to Alverno in 1992 teaching, while also steering multiple committees and serving as chair of several departments. Since 2006, she has served as associate dean in the Behavioral Science division, working extensively with the innovative, ability-based curriculum in both the classroom and at administrative levels. Graham was instrumental in the development of Alverno’s Master of Arts in Education degree, and is chair of the College’s new Master of Science in Community Psychology program.
In addition, Graham is an active member of the Alverno College Research Center for Women and Girls. When she’s not teaching, Graham can be found at her private psychology practice where she works primarily with the needs of women and adolescent girls. An ordained minister, Graham also works with local church and community organizations, and engages preaching and worship planning, assessment and curriculum consultation and a variety of workshops ranging from conflict management to stress relief, to individual and organizational decision making.
About Alverno College
Alverno College, a four-year independent, Catholic, liberal arts college for women, exists to promote the personal and professional development of its students. The college has earned accolades and respect internationally for its highly effective ability-based, assessment-as-learning approach to education, and has consulted with three U.S. presidential administrations on accountability and outcomes in higher education. Educators from throughout the world visit Alverno to learn about its proven, student-centered teaching methods.
Alverno offers more than 35 major program areas of study, including graduate programs in education, nursing and business that are open to women and men. For more information about Alverno, visit our website at www.alverno.edu or call 414-382-6100.
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar
- #YourStoryMKE Shares Personal Stories About Those Benefiting from Catholic Charities’ Programs
- Book Release Party at Cudahy Family Library
- Bay View Historical Society Annual Walk on August 6th
- St. Ann Center Gala Promises An Uplifting Experience