To kick off National Foster Care Month, Children’s Service Society of Wisconsin and the Bureau of Milwaukee Child Welfare will hold the Second Annual Home Run & Walk 5K/3K “Covering the Bases for Foster Care,” Saturday, May 7, at Klement’s Sausage Haus at Miller Park in Milwaukee. The event will promote awareness and raise interest in the need for foster care families in the community.
The event begins with the 5K timed Run at 9:30 a.m. followed by the 3K Family Fun Walk at 9:45 a.m. Registrations can be made online through Active.com keywords Home Run.
Race day registration is available and begins at 7:30 a.m. Entry fees are $20 for adults, $10 for children ages 5 to 12 and free for children under 5. Race day registration is $25. Register by April 18, 2011 to receive a T-shirt. No charge for Milwaukee County foster families.
Join us and walk or run to show your support for kids involved in foster care. Free Kid Zone, resource fair and parking.
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar
- #YourStoryMKE Shares Personal Stories About Those Benefiting from Catholic Charities’ Programs
- Book Release Party at Cudahy Family Library
- Bay View Historical Society Annual Walk on August 6th
- St. Ann Center Gala Promises An Uplifting Experience
- Thank you from the Humboldt Park 4th of July Association
- It's South Shore Frolics Time!