To kick off National Foster Care Month, Children’s Service Society of Wisconsin and the Bureau of Milwaukee Child Welfare will hold the Second Annual Home Run & Walk 5K/3K “Covering the Bases for Foster Care,” Saturday, May 7, at Klement’s Sausage Haus at Miller Park in Milwaukee. The event will promote awareness and raise interest in the need for foster care families in the community.
The event begins with the 5K timed Run at 9:30 a.m. followed by the 3K Family Fun Walk at 9:45 a.m. Registrations can be made online through Active.com keywords Home Run.
Race day registration is available and begins at 7:30 a.m. Entry fees are $20 for adults, $10 for children ages 5 to 12 and free for children under 5. Race day registration is $25. Register by April 18, 2011 to receive a T-shirt. No charge for Milwaukee County foster families.
Join us and walk or run to show your support for kids involved in foster care. Free Kid Zone, resource fair and parking.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brighter Economic Prospects Brings Greater Focus on Cash Flow, Efficiency
- Rose Tattoo folk group to be revived in Milwaukee
- Bayview Historical Society 35th Anniversary Celebration
- St. Thomas More High School to Dedicate New Gym Floor to Coach Rick Majerus
- Band Concert - Cudahy Historical Society
- Habitat for Humanity Selects Flat Rate Home Services to Assist in New Project
- Meijer Launches Simply Give Campaign in New Wisconsin Supercenters
- Milwaukee's Inner-City Youth Have a Reason to Read & Succeed
- Mayor Announces that City of St. Francis Development efforts moving forward
- Increased aircraft activity over Milwaukee this week