The Healing Center will host the Bay View Fox Run, 5K Run/Walk, to raise money for survivors of sexual violence, while celebrating the beauty of Bay View. Generously sponsored by Anodyne Coffee Roasting Co., Johnsonville Brats, and Fix Development Inc., this family-friendly 5K will take place at 9:30 a.m. on Saturday, May 21, 2011 along the shores of Lake Michigan at South Shore Park. Race day registration will begin at 8:30am.
Runners and walkers are encouraged to pre-register at www.bayviewfoxrun.webs.com to receive a discounted price of $20 for adults and $5 for children, 14 years and under. Athletes may also register on race day. Kids 10 and under can also participate in a 100 meter dash for $5, race-day registration only. For more information, please contact Stephanie Shabangu at 414.671.4325, ext. 407 or Stephanie.Shabangu@aurora.org.
This run/walk will benefit The Healing Center, a non-profit organization that offers free counseling, group therapy and bilingual advocacy to uninsured and underinsured members of the community. The Healing Center reaches out to community members through workshops, presentations and health fairs. They also create an opportunity for clients to participate in movement classes and alternative therapy treatments.
For more information about this event or The Healing Center, please contact Stephanie Shabangu at 414.671.4325, ext. 407 or by email: Stephanie.Shabangu@aurora.org
- MARDI GRAS IN MAY!
- Sister Edna’s Jewelry Gets Shiny New Look
- Midwest Premiere Event "A Disappearing"
- Play Minecraft in a Movie Theatre
- One week left to consider virtual education for your child
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry
- Spring Estate and Rummage Sale at St. Ann Center
- Master Gardener Plant Sale
- St. Joan Antida high School hosts its 10th annual Girls in Engineering Fair