The Healing Center will host the Bay View Fox Run, 5K Run/Walk, to raise money for survivors of sexual violence, while celebrating the beauty of Bay View. Generously sponsored by Anodyne Coffee Roasting Co., Johnsonville Brats, and Fix Development Inc., this family-friendly 5K will take place at 9:30 a.m. on Saturday, May 21, 2011 along the shores of Lake Michigan at South Shore Park. Race day registration will begin at 8:30am.
Runners and walkers are encouraged to pre-register at www.bayviewfoxrun.webs.com to receive a discounted price of $20 for adults and $5 for children, 14 years and under. Athletes may also register on race day. Kids 10 and under can also participate in a 100 meter dash for $5, race-day registration only. For more information, please contact Stephanie Shabangu at 414.671.4325, ext. 407 or Stephanie.Shabangu@aurora.org.
This run/walk will benefit The Healing Center, a non-profit organization that offers free counseling, group therapy and bilingual advocacy to uninsured and underinsured members of the community. The Healing Center reaches out to community members through workshops, presentations and health fairs. They also create an opportunity for clients to participate in movement classes and alternative therapy treatments.
For more information about this event or The Healing Center, please contact Stephanie Shabangu at 414.671.4325, ext. 407 or by email: Stephanie.Shabangu@aurora.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Rustic Furniture Maker at St. Ann Center Indoor Market
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- UWP March Science Night - Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: February schedule
- LOST Miniature Poodle in Wauwatosa
- Encouraging Kindness in your Children
- UW-Parkside Traditions of Excellence Nominations
- Chicago Block Clubs and Social Justice Examined in Talk at UWM, Feb. 26
- Author Discusses Book on Milwaukee's School Choice Movement, at UWM on Feb. 23
- Talk on Religion, Ecology and Identity in Southern Africa at UWM Feb. 19