The Healing Center will host the Bay View Fox Run, 5K Run/Walk, to raise money for survivors of sexual violence, while celebrating the beauty of Bay View. Generously sponsored by Anodyne Coffee Roasting Co., Johnsonville Brats, and Fix Development Inc., this family-friendly 5K will take place at 9:30 a.m. on Saturday, May 21, 2011 along the shores of Lake Michigan at South Shore Park. Race day registration will begin at 8:30am.
Runners and walkers are encouraged to pre-register at www.bayviewfoxrun.webs.com to receive a discounted price of $20 for adults and $5 for children, 14 years and under. Athletes may also register on race day. Kids 10 and under can also participate in a 100 meter dash for $5, race-day registration only. For more information, please contact Stephanie Shabangu at 414.671.4325, ext. 407 or Stephanie.Shabangu@aurora.org.
This run/walk will benefit The Healing Center, a non-profit organization that offers free counseling, group therapy and bilingual advocacy to uninsured and underinsured members of the community. The Healing Center reaches out to community members through workshops, presentations and health fairs. They also create an opportunity for clients to participate in movement classes and alternative therapy treatments.
For more information about this event or The Healing Center, please contact Stephanie Shabangu at 414.671.4325, ext. 407 or by email: Stephanie.Shabangu@aurora.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- City of Cudahy Arbor Day/ Earth Day Free Event
- HUGE Kelly Senior Center Rummage - Saturday, April 26
- St. Francis All Abilities Playground Craft/Vendor Fair
- Learn about Compost on Earth Day at Brew City Gardens
- HamBingo Wednesday April 23 Benefiting Second Hand Purrs
- Spring Market Returns to SM High School on April 26th
- Build For A Better South Shore
- St. Francis Library Spring Party
- Eat at Ruby Tuesday in Greendale April 17-19 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- 20th Assembly District Candidate Mike Pierce Names Campaign Manager