An evening of entertaining belly dancing, featuring Suzanna Del Vecchio, an award winning Oriental dance artist , as well as some of the region’s best professional Middle Eastern dancers is planned for Saturday, May 21, at 7:30 p.m. at the Tripoli Shrine Center, 3000 W. Wisconsin Avenue. It will follow an all-day workshop led by Del Vecchio for area dancers of all skill levels.
Del Vecchio performs internationally and has four videos. She is considered an innovator in her field of Oriental Dance and was awarded “Dancer of the Year” by the International Academy of Middle Eastern Dance in Los Angeles in 2001.
She will be joined by Shorewood resident Samantha Fairuz of Safar Dance Co. with studios in Bayview, Thiensville and Milwaukee; Denise Sedmak of Denai's Dancers of Greenfield, Kailan and Tamarind from Milwaukee; Sonya from Chicago; Mirah Ammal, Zahirah and Helen from Minneapolis; Tickets for the Saturday evening show are $14 in advance and $16 at the door.
The Saturday workshop is $60 in advance, and runs from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, May 21. An advanced Sunday workshop will be held at the Ramada City Centre in downtown Milwaukee from 11-3 a.m. on the 22nd, and is $40 in advance.
For more information and to find a registration form, visit www.SamanthaFairuz.com, or call 414-226-0070.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Cudahy Historical Society Outdoor Band Concert August 17
- Cool Jewelry and Ice Cream Social and Sale
- BBB Tips for Summer Fair Purchases
- First Day of School for St. Francis Public Schools
- Kelly Senior Center invites you to join their monthly Luncheon Outings
- Fun and Affordable Day Trips through Kelly Senior Center
- Animated Illusionist Ardan James to Perform
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market Plans Grand Reopening on July 31st - Shows off remodeled 11th Avenue Streetscape
- Bay View High School Holding 100th Anniversary
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial