An evening of entertaining belly dancing, featuring Suzanna Del Vecchio, an award winning Oriental dance artist , as well as some of the region’s best professional Middle Eastern dancers is planned for Saturday, May 21, at 7:30 p.m. at the Tripoli Shrine Center, 3000 W. Wisconsin Avenue. It will follow an all-day workshop led by Del Vecchio for area dancers of all skill levels.
Del Vecchio performs internationally and has four videos. She is considered an innovator in her field of Oriental Dance and was awarded “Dancer of the Year” by the International Academy of Middle Eastern Dance in Los Angeles in 2001.
She will be joined by Shorewood resident Samantha Fairuz of Safar Dance Co. with studios in Bayview, Thiensville and Milwaukee; Denise Sedmak of Denai's Dancers of Greenfield, Kailan and Tamarind from Milwaukee; Sonya from Chicago; Mirah Ammal, Zahirah and Helen from Minneapolis; Tickets for the Saturday evening show are $14 in advance and $16 at the door.
The Saturday workshop is $60 in advance, and runs from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, May 21. An advanced Sunday workshop will be held at the Ramada City Centre in downtown Milwaukee from 11-3 a.m. on the 22nd, and is $40 in advance.
For more information and to find a registration form, visit www.SamanthaFairuz.com, or call 414-226-0070.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- STM Student Wins Prestigious Gates Scholarship
- Better Business Bureau Urges Donor Caution After Tornadoes
- Ted Lang Speed and Agility Camp at Cudahy High School (June 17th-21st)
- Cudahy High School Football to Offer Free Football Camps This Summer
- Cudahy High School Football Golf Outing-August 17th at Grant Park
- Children’s Medical Grants Now Available in Wisconsin from the UnitedHealthcare Children’s Foundation
- First Weber Welcomes Experienced Agent....
- Grant Park Warbler Walks welcomes newbies
- South Milwaukee Market Opens Summer Season May 23
- GRAEF RECOGNIZED BY AMERICAN COUNCIL OF ENGINEERING COMPANIES