A citizen’s committee has been formed to enable the School District of Cudahy to renovate the football field at Cudahy Memorial Field. The group started with members from the Cudahy Football Booster Club and the Cudahy Bulldogs Youth Football Organization. Additional members have participated from the Cudahy High School boys and girls soccer teams, the Cudahy Softball Booster Club and the Cudahy High School Band Boosters, alumni and the community.
The group formed to investigate how to renovate the existing field. This field has been hosting high school football games since 1932. The first game was attended by 6000 fans and featured a Cudahy vs. South Milwaukee football game. The field has been showing the wear and tear of 78 years of continuous use. The committee would like to return this field to the glory it deserves.
The committee’s research has determined that the best option for Cudahy will be to install an artificial turf that will support football, band, soccer and softball use. The artificial turf would allow the current use to continue and would allow the district to expand use of the facility to the soccer program. Greatly reduced wear concerns and reduced maintenance requirements for an artificial field would promote even more community use. Medical Studies have also shown that major injuries are decreased on modern artificial turf fields compared to natural grass fields.
The field will have markings installed for football, soccer and softball.
The project will be funded entirely by donations from the community. Tax money will not be used for the purchase and installation of the field. The committee’s research has shown that we will save maintenance money on the artificial field compared to a natural field. We have already started fundraising and are now at the point of hiring a landscape architect that specializes in sports facilities. The architect will be assisting the committee and the district with a plan and design for the field. Once the design is complete, fundraising for business and charitable organizations can begin. Several grant opportunities have been identified to help fund this project.
- Join the Fight Against Cancer! Register for the Relay For Life of the Southern Eight!
- Kitten Baby Shower Saturday May 7 at Second Hand Purrs
- South Milwaukee Little League Opening Day
- MARDI GRAS IN MAY!
- Sister Edna’s Jewelry Gets Shiny New Look
- Midwest Premiere Event "A Disappearing"
- Play Minecraft in a Movie Theatre
- One week left to consider virtual education for your child
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry