What time is it? It is South Shore Frolic time, as the 62nd annual Frolic will take place July 15-16-17 in South Shore Park in Bay View. For the 16th year, it is under the auspices of the Bay View Lions Club.
Fun, food, families and FIREWORKS always describe the annual Bay View event and this year's Frolic will continue that tradition. The Frolic will have "something for everyone".
Here is the listing of activities:
Friday, July 15
4:00-9:00 p.m. - Fish Fry "the South Shore's Best!"
5:30-9:30 p.m. - Music by the Tom Anthony Group
At Dusk - "Movie on the Beach" featuring "Life's A Pic-A-Nic Yogi Bear", rated G, sponsored by the Law Offices of David Gruber
Saturday, July 16
11:00 a.m. - the annual South Shore Frolic Parade, featuring over 100 units including the University of Wisconsin Marching Band. The parade begins on S. KK and E. Conway and proceeds on S. KK to Ellen St., northeast on Ellen St. to Nock St. and finally east on Nock St. to South Shore Park. Immediately after the parade, the UW Band will perform their legendary "5th Quarter" performance in front of the Frolic stage. Sposored by the Braeger Automotive Group
Music: 1:00-5:00 p.m. by Breakaway
FREE Kids Games (on the hill), 4:30-5:30 p.m. with Lion LuRae - sponsored by Dr's. Cathy Drexler and Wade Mueller
Music: 5-6:00, Tom Trisco salutes Neil Young
Music: 6-10:00 by Six Pack
10:00 "Atomic" Fireworks, sponsored by Jim Wing of W.B.Bottle Co.
Sunday, July 17
Art & Craft Show: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. over 70 exhibitors, sponsored by the Bay View Arts Guild
Classic Car Show: 10 a.m.- 4 p.m. over 100 vehicles, sponsored by Clark Gasoline at KK & Clement Ave.
Music: 1:00-5:00 p.m. by the Britins - a salute to the Beatles
FREE Kids Games (on the hill) : 4:30-5:30 p.m., sponsored by Dr's. Cathy Drexler and Wade Mueller
Music: 5:00-6:00, an encore performance by Tom Trisco saluting Neil Young
Music: 6:00-10:00, Element 13
10:00 "Atomic Fireworks", sponsored by Jim Wing of WB Bottle Co.
Over 25 Food Vendors
Fireworks all three nights
Enjoy Bay View and the South Shore's three day fun-in-the-sun event!!!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ted Lang Speed and Agility Camp at Cudahy High School (June 17th-21st)
- Cudahy High School Football to Offer Free Football Camps This Summer
- Cudahy High School Football Golf Outing-August 17th at Grant Park
- Children’s Medical Grants Now Available in Wisconsin from the UnitedHealthcare Children’s Foundation
- First Weber Welcomes Experienced Agent....
- Grant Park Warbler Walks welcomes newbies
- South Milwaukee Market Opens Summer Season May 23
- GRAEF RECOGNIZED BY AMERICAN COUNCIL OF ENGINEERING COMPANIES
- Virtual Education: Why it can work for you
- Inaugural Cudahy High School Alumni Basketball Tournament