Big Brothers Big Sisters (BBBS) of Metro Milwaukee is seeking adult volunteers to mentor elementary-aged children in structured school settings at several local elementary schools including Forest Home Avenue Elementary on the near south side of Milwaukee.
Male and female mentors, aged 18 and older, are needed, beginning with the 2011-12 school year. Applicants who want to begin mentoring in September are asked to enroll by Friday, Aug. 12.
Once matched with a child, volunteers are required to meet weekly for a minimum of one hour. Activities include assisting with homework, participating in light recreational activities and playing games. Mentoring opportunities are offered during the after-school hours.
For information on times/locations or to enroll, contact BBBS of Metro Milwaukee at 414-258-4778 or visit — www.bbbsmilwaukee.org.
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar
- #YourStoryMKE Shares Personal Stories About Those Benefiting from Catholic Charities’ Programs
- Book Release Party at Cudahy Family Library
- Bay View Historical Society Annual Walk on August 6th
- St. Ann Center Gala Promises An Uplifting Experience
- Thank you from the Humboldt Park 4th of July Association
- It's South Shore Frolics Time!