Inspired by a vision of full inclusion of people with disabilities in every aspect of our community, IndependenceFirst is proud to present its 2011 Juried Art Exhibition featuring the works of artist Gregory Martens. Touring Myeloma, a series of screen prints on paper, explores the artist’s journey after being diagnosed with aggressive bone marrow cancer in 2005. Martens describes the series of 13 prints as “a story of one man trying to hold on to his identity through adversity.”
Martens, a printmaker, book artist and ceramic sculptor, received a BFA in printmaking from UW-Milwaukee in 2009 and is a regular exhibitor of his works, having pieces collected across North and South America.
The Exhibition will be on display at IndependenceFirst:
October 1 – October 3 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The Gallery Night Reception will be held:
October 21 from 5 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar
- #YourStoryMKE Shares Personal Stories About Those Benefiting from Catholic Charities’ Programs
- Book Release Party at Cudahy Family Library
- Bay View Historical Society Annual Walk on August 6th
- St. Ann Center Gala Promises An Uplifting Experience
- Thank you from the Humboldt Park 4th of July Association
- It's South Shore Frolics Time!