Inspired by a vision of full inclusion of people with disabilities in every aspect of our community, IndependenceFirst is proud to present its 2011 Juried Art Exhibition featuring the works of artist Gregory Martens. Touring Myeloma, a series of screen prints on paper, explores the artist’s journey after being diagnosed with aggressive bone marrow cancer in 2005. Martens describes the series of 13 prints as “a story of one man trying to hold on to his identity through adversity.”
Martens, a printmaker, book artist and ceramic sculptor, received a BFA in printmaking from UW-Milwaukee in 2009 and is a regular exhibitor of his works, having pieces collected across North and South America.
The Exhibition will be on display at IndependenceFirst:
October 1 – October 3 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The Gallery Night Reception will be held:
October 21 from 5 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Healing In The Garden
- Celebrate Independence Day at Humboldt Park
- Fun, food and fireworks, it's South Shore Frolic time!
- DYPC Junior & Senior Company Auditions
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Music for every Palate – South Milwaukee Market announces July music line up
- Back to School Event for Foster Children Urges Public to Volunteer
- Real Time - First Friday Performance Series at Danceworks
- Catey Ott Dance Collective: 3rd (i) EYE Conscious
- The UMDF Energy for Life Walk is September 26th!