Inspired by a vision of full inclusion of people with disabilities in every aspect of our community, IndependenceFirst is proud to present its 2011 Juried Art Exhibition featuring the works of artist Gregory Martens. Touring Myeloma, a series of screen prints on paper, explores the artist’s journey after being diagnosed with aggressive bone marrow cancer in 2005. Martens describes the series of 13 prints as “a story of one man trying to hold on to his identity through adversity.”
Martens, a printmaker, book artist and ceramic sculptor, received a BFA in printmaking from UW-Milwaukee in 2009 and is a regular exhibitor of his works, having pieces collected across North and South America.
The Exhibition will be on display at IndependenceFirst:
October 1 – October 3 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The Gallery Night Reception will be held:
October 21 from 5 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- HamBINGO Thursday June 2 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- County Parks Offers Free Chess Camps
- World Wide Knit in Public Day Celebration at Cudahy Family Library
- Art Show at Cudahy Depot
- OAKVIEW BUSINESS PARK LOOKS TO CAPITALIZE ON ROBUST OAK CREEK DEVELOPMENT MARKET
- Huge Bicycle Auction
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- A Disappearing Continues!
- Eat at Transfer Pizzeria May 9-23 to benefit Second Hand Purrs
- Holly and Joey Baird of the Wisconsin Vegetable Gardener at the Cudahy Family Library in June