Kathleen Elizabeth Merkle and Joshua Gene Groetsema were united in marriage on July 3, 2011 by Reverend Lois Grebe at Bethany-Calvary United Methodist Church in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin. Kathleen is the daughter of Edwin W. Merkle, III and Dr. Karen Foster Merkle of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. She is the granddaughter of Elsie Foster of Wauwatosa, Wisconsin; and Jean Merkle of Kansas City, Missouri. Joshua is the son of John and Karen Groetsema of Spring Grove, Illinois.
Laura Tolle, sister of the bride, of Rapid City, South Dakota was matron of honor. Jeremy Gardien, cousin of the groom, of Lake Villa, Illinois was best man. Bridesmaids were Stacey Jones of Milwaukee, Wisconsin; Kristie Agee of Lucama, North Carolina; and Pamela Goode of Des Moines, Iowa all friends of the bride. Groomsmen were Matthew Jones, cousin of the bride, of Milwaukee, Wisconsin; Michael Jones, cousin of the bride of Duluth, Georgia; and Charles Tolle, brother-in-law of the bride of Rapid City, South Dakota. Ushers were Sara Jones of Duluth, Georgia and Brianna Frederick of Kenosha, Wisconsin. Anne Tolle, niece of the bride, was the flower girl.
Music was provided by a string trio of Phil Gordon, Rachel Gottenger, and Bradley Hartney; and organist Dorothy Finnazo.
The bride wore an allover beaded trumpet gown in ivory lace over champagne satin. It had an empire waist, cap sleeves, and a chapel length train. She wore an elbow length veil edged with beads and carried a bouquet of 12 bright multicolored roses.
The bridesmaids wore marine blue gowns of various styles, and the groom and groomsmen wore black tuxedos with the groomsmen’s vests marine blue and the groom’s vest ivory.
A dinner and dancing reception was held at the Wisconsin Club Country Club.
Kathleen is a 2000 graduate of Milwaukee Bay View High School and received her B.S. degree in Accounting and Finance from Drake University in 2004 and her MBA in non-profit Accounting from Drake in 2006. She is employed by Marshall and Ilsley, a division of BMO Financial Corporation in Milwaukee as an Accounting Systems Analyst.
Joshua is a 1999 graduate of Antioch Community High School and received his B.S. in Business Management from Franklin University in 2006. He is employed by American Hotel Register in Vernon Hills, Illinois as an Associate Product Manager.
After a 5 day honeymoon in Jamaica, Mr. and Mrs. Groetsema are at home in Kenosha, Wisconsin.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- First Day of School for St. Francis Public Schools
- Kelly Senior Center invites you to join their monthly Luncheon Outings
- Fun and Affordable Day Trips through Kelly Senior Center
- Animated Illusionist Ardan James to Perform
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market Plans Grand Reopening on July 31st - Shows off remodeled 11th Avenue Streetscape
- Bay View High School Holding 100th Anniversary
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial
- Post-Summer Polar Vortex, Return to the Beach and Check a Website for Conditions
- Local Theater Company Places Women in Spotlight in Upcoming World Premiere
- Relay For Life of the Southern 8 - August 1st