Hey Milwaukee Washington HS Purgolders!
We are looking for all alumni from Milwaukee Washington HS since it’s beginning in 1911. We have nearly 30,000 alumni identified so far on our website < http://milwaukeewashington100.com >. Visit our site, find your name and enroll yourself. If you can’t find your name, clickon Contact Us to let us know.
As you’ve guessed by now, the WHS Alumni Scholarship Fondation is holding a huge gala event on October 22, 2011 to celebrate Washington’s 100th Anniversary. This will be held at the State Fair Park Exposition Center from 7 PM until 11 PM with registration beginning at 5:30 PM. Further information is on the website.
Virtually all the WHS classes from the late 1930’s through the current graduating class will be represented. Pictures representing the history of the school will be shown on large video screens. Trophies will be exhibited. Music through the years will be played for your listening and dancing enjoyment. Four different food stations with a variety of cuisines will be served throughout most of the evening.
All profits from the event will be used by the Washington High School Alumni Scholarship Foundation to continue academic scholarships for worthy graduating seniors in the coming decades. WHS alumni merchandise will also be available for you to purchase.
Simply go to the web site at http://www.milwaukeewashington100.com to access the information for the 100th Anniversary celebration or mail your $60.00 (per person) registration check to the following address:
WHS Alumni Scholarship Foundation
P O box 11669
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53211-9998
In addition to the evening event, there will be free tours of WHS available during the day from 10am to about 3pm.
Should you be unable to attend this once in a lifetime event, contributions to the scholarship foundation may be sent to the above address. We hope to see you on October 22nd.
WHS-100th Gala Committee
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HamBINGO Thursday October 8 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- Watch for New Technology at the Cash Register
- Milwaukee Public Library, Bay View Branch to Host Wisconsin Water Photo Display
- Herbert Lowe featured speaker at UW-Parkside
- Important Donation Made To Dog Organization
- United Performing Arts Fund to Allocate a Record $9.175 Million to Performing Arts Groups
- See the World Up Close Without Leaving Home - Host with YFU USA!
- Brian Hanson Joins Bartelt as Production Administrator
- Rumbarroco Free Performance at UW-Parkside, Oct. 18
- Art & Wellness