The Oak Creek Historical Society is holding its 13th annual Fall Festival on Sunday, Sept. 11, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The FREE event will be at the society’s historical buildings at South 15th Avenue and East Forest Hill Avenue and features a Medal of Honor from the Civil War, plus Civil War and World War II re-enactors with dozens of artifacts. A $1 raffle has the grand prize of a handmade quilt. Among other prizes is an autographed Green Bay Packer football from the 2010 Super Bowl championship season.
There also will be a working blacksmith, a basket-weaver, other history-oriented demonstrations and music. Plus a special tribute to the victims of Sept. 11, 2001, at 11:30 a.m.
Luncheon items, baked goods and many other items are for sale.
More information is available from Gail Toerpe at email@example.com
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Home for the Holidays: Keeping You and Your Loved Ones Safe on the Road
- Little House Book Club at St. Francis Library
- Virtual School Students Meet Classmates at Discovery World Field Trip
- Lego Club Launches at St. Francis Library
- Kohl's Wild Theater
- 2014 Breakfast with Santa
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- Christmas Rummage & Bake Sales at Depot on Saturday
- BBB's 8 Tips to Avoid Locksmith Scams
- CigarMKE Announces Custom Food, Drink & Cigar Lounge Tour in January