The Oak Creek Historical Society is holding its 13th annual Fall Festival on Sunday, Sept. 11, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The FREE event will be at the society’s historical buildings at South 15th Avenue and East Forest Hill Avenue and features a Medal of Honor from the Civil War, plus Civil War and World War II re-enactors with dozens of artifacts. A $1 raffle has the grand prize of a handmade quilt. Among other prizes is an autographed Green Bay Packer football from the 2010 Super Bowl championship season.
There also will be a working blacksmith, a basket-weaver, other history-oriented demonstrations and music. Plus a special tribute to the victims of Sept. 11, 2001, at 11:30 a.m.
Luncheon items, baked goods and many other items are for sale.
More information is available from Gail Toerpe at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- First Day of School for St. Francis Public Schools
- Kelly Senior Center invites you to join their monthly Luncheon Outings
- Fun and Affordable Day Trips through Kelly Senior Center
- Animated Illusionist Ardan James to Perform
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market Plans Grand Reopening on July 31st - Shows off remodeled 11th Avenue Streetscape
- Bay View High School Holding 100th Anniversary
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial
- Post-Summer Polar Vortex, Return to the Beach and Check a Website for Conditions
- Local Theater Company Places Women in Spotlight in Upcoming World Premiere
- Relay For Life of the Southern 8 - August 1st