The Oak Creek Historical Society is holding its 13th annual Fall Festival on Sunday, Sept. 11, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The FREE event will be at the society’s historical buildings at South 15th Avenue and East Forest Hill Avenue and features a Medal of Honor from the Civil War, plus Civil War and World War II re-enactors with dozens of artifacts. A $1 raffle has the grand prize of a handmade quilt. Among other prizes is an autographed Green Bay Packer football from the 2010 Super Bowl championship season.
There also will be a working blacksmith, a basket-weaver, other history-oriented demonstrations and music. Plus a special tribute to the victims of Sept. 11, 2001, at 11:30 a.m.
Luncheon items, baked goods and many other items are for sale.
More information is available from Gail Toerpe at email@example.com
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Bunny Plans Special Stop at Pulaski Pavilion
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Parkside Theatre Presents "A Midsummer Night's Dream"
- Franklin Artist Wins "Best of Show" at 2015 League of Milwaukee Artists' Spring Show
- Band Together Concert Fundraiser to feature UW-Madison Marching Band
- #1 Show Cats in the World live right here in Milwaukee
- Holocaust Remembrance Service
- Zymbiotics a New Local Company Making Fine Fermented Foods is Now Available at Outpost Coop
- Essay Winners from the Daughters of the American Revolution - Milwaukee Chapter
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter