Alverno Presents announces the return of Global Union for its sixth year! This free festival of world music and culture returns to Milwaukee’s beautiful Humboldt Park in Bay View on September 17 and 18, from noon – 5 p.m., rain or shine. Six bands, two days, one incredible park, no cost – the perfect way for families and the community to spend a weekend! Several food and merchandise vendors will have items available for purchase. Artists from the Congo, Colombia, Bulgaria, France (by way of Spain), Italy and Ghana will travel to Milwaukee for the last, and best, party of the summer: one that celebrates individual expression and global commonality. Complete artist bios, video clips, and links to artists’ web sites are available at http://alvernopresents.alverno.edu/pages/shows/Global-Union.aspx. Artist photos may be downloaded at http://alvernopresents.alverno.edu/pages/media.aspx.
Here is the lineup for this year’s Global Union:
Saturday, September 17, 2011
Diblo Dibala – 1:00 p.m.
Bomba Estéreo – 2:30 p.m.
Kultur Shock – 4 p.m.
Sunday, September 18, 2011
Sergent Garcia – 1:00 p.m.
Marco Calliari – 2:30 p.m.
Blitz the Ambassador – 4:00 p.m.
Global Union deeply appreciates the support of the Gold Medal Winning Milwaukee County Parks. Sponsors for Global Union include: National Endowment for the Arts, Milwaukee County Parks, Forest County Potawatomi Foundation, The Helen Bader Foundation, Lightburn Designs, Bob and Pam Klein, Wisconsin Arts Board, 800ceoread, Direct Supply, Rishi Tea, WMSE 91.7, WUWM 89.7, WHAD 90.7, The Onion/AV Club, Third Coast Digest, Present Music, Milwaukee Film, WAVE, Pabst Theatres, Italian Community Center, La Causa, and The Baha’i of Milwaukee.
Alverno Presents, the performing arts series of Alverno College, is celebrating its 52nd year. The series has innovated beyond our history as the longest running, continuous arts presenter in the city, to our niche of presenting contemporary dance, world music and jazz and an array of performance events. Alverno Presents shares the school’s mission by ensuring broad access to and participation in learning, experiencing and developing the arts for the learning community
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HamBINGO Thursday June 4 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- Seeking Adult Day Services Program Volunteers at Lutheran Home
- Cudahy Farmers Market Grand Opening June 3!
- SM Author Jerrianne Hayslett’s Short Story Wins First-Place Prize
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- St. Mark's Project Concern Benefit Musical Extravaganza
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins Announces Support for 2015 MECA Vest a K-9 Fest
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- North Shore Suzuki Strings celebrates 25th anniversary
- Oak Creek Resident Finishing Term of Service with Milwaukee Nonprofit