The Milwaukee Area Domestic Animal Control Commission (MADACC) will hold a "Shelter Stars Showcase" adoption event on Saturday, Oct. 8 from noon to 2 p.m. at Central Bark Doggy Day Care - Menomonee Valley. Central Bark is located at 333 N. 25th St. in Milwaukee. The event will feature adoptable dogs from MADACC and is a great way for people to find a companion animal to add to their family.
Dogs will be available to do meet-and-greets, and foster families will be present to share information about the dogs’ personality and behavior. The adoption fee is $100 and includes age-appropriate vaccinations, spay/neuter, microchipping, heartworm testing, and flea/worm treatment. There is also an additional $12 fee to license a dog over five months old who will reside in Milwaukee County. To view all of the adoptable animals, visit www.petfinder.com/shelters/WI13.html.
MADACC works with over 75 area shelters and rescue groups to place animals into adoption programs so they have a second chance at finding a permanent, caring home. Dogs and cats that are eligible for placement but have not been taken in by a shelter or rescue group are available for adoption directly from MADACC.
“In 2010, over 3,100 animals were placed into adoption programs. Over 450 animals were directly placed into new homes from MADACC. Adoption events like the ‘Shelter Stars Showcase’ help connect people looking to add a new companion animal to their family with some of Milwaukee County’s neediest animals,” says Kevin Wilken, MADACC’s shelter supervisor.
MADACC currently rescues and assures safe, temporary shelter, veterinary, and humane care for over 13,000 stray, unwanted, abandoned, mistreated, and injured animals each year — more than any other animal control shelter in Wisconsin. MADACC provides a central location for owners to find and recover their lost pets and is open seven days a week, including evening hours on weekdays. MADACC also offers low-cost spay/neuter assistance, rabies vaccinations, and micro-chipping services.
For more information about this event or MADACC, visit www.madacc.com or call 414-649-8640.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Milwaukee native Jerome Kitzke performing at SMPAC Poetry in Music/Music in Poetry
- April 19: Meet Sundance Award-Winner & South Milwaukee Native Chad Gracia, Ukrainian Fedor Alexandrovich
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- End the Silence Panel Event
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA
- Wilson Senior Center Travel Outing - Peter and the Starcatcher at the Rep on May 13
- Alverno College to Host Screening of Vel Phillips Documentary
- BloodCenter to Host Milwaukee Bucks Blood Drive
- Bunny Party at the St. Francis Library