The Milwaukee Area Domestic Animal Control Commission (MADACC) will hold a "Shelter Stars Showcase" adoption event on Saturday, Oct. 8 from noon to 2 p.m. at Central Bark Doggy Day Care - Menomonee Valley. Central Bark is located at 333 N. 25th St. in Milwaukee. The event will feature adoptable dogs from MADACC and is a great way for people to find a companion animal to add to their family.
Dogs will be available to do meet-and-greets, and foster families will be present to share information about the dogs’ personality and behavior. The adoption fee is $100 and includes age-appropriate vaccinations, spay/neuter, microchipping, heartworm testing, and flea/worm treatment. There is also an additional $12 fee to license a dog over five months old who will reside in Milwaukee County. To view all of the adoptable animals, visit www.petfinder.com/shelters/WI13.html.
MADACC works with over 75 area shelters and rescue groups to place animals into adoption programs so they have a second chance at finding a permanent, caring home. Dogs and cats that are eligible for placement but have not been taken in by a shelter or rescue group are available for adoption directly from MADACC.
“In 2010, over 3,100 animals were placed into adoption programs. Over 450 animals were directly placed into new homes from MADACC. Adoption events like the ‘Shelter Stars Showcase’ help connect people looking to add a new companion animal to their family with some of Milwaukee County’s neediest animals,” says Kevin Wilken, MADACC’s shelter supervisor.
MADACC currently rescues and assures safe, temporary shelter, veterinary, and humane care for over 13,000 stray, unwanted, abandoned, mistreated, and injured animals each year — more than any other animal control shelter in Wisconsin. MADACC provides a central location for owners to find and recover their lost pets and is open seven days a week, including evening hours on weekdays. MADACC also offers low-cost spay/neuter assistance, rabies vaccinations, and micro-chipping services.
For more information about this event or MADACC, visit www.madacc.com or call 414-649-8640.
- Join the Fight Against Cancer! Register for the Relay For Life of the Southern Eight!
- Kitten Baby Shower Saturday May 7 at Second Hand Purrs
- South Milwaukee Little League Opening Day
- MARDI GRAS IN MAY!
- Sister Edna’s Jewelry Gets Shiny New Look
- Midwest Premiere Event "A Disappearing"
- Play Minecraft in a Movie Theatre
- One week left to consider virtual education for your child
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry