The Milwaukee Area Domestic Animal Control Commission (MADACC) will hold a "Shelter Stars Showcase" adoption event on Saturday, Oct. 8 from noon to 2 p.m. at Central Bark Doggy Day Care - Menomonee Valley. Central Bark is located at 333 N. 25th St. in Milwaukee. The event will feature adoptable dogs from MADACC and is a great way for people to find a companion animal to add to their family.
Dogs will be available to do meet-and-greets, and foster families will be present to share information about the dogs’ personality and behavior. The adoption fee is $100 and includes age-appropriate vaccinations, spay/neuter, microchipping, heartworm testing, and flea/worm treatment. There is also an additional $12 fee to license a dog over five months old who will reside in Milwaukee County. To view all of the adoptable animals, visit www.petfinder.com/shelters/WI13.html.
MADACC works with over 75 area shelters and rescue groups to place animals into adoption programs so they have a second chance at finding a permanent, caring home. Dogs and cats that are eligible for placement but have not been taken in by a shelter or rescue group are available for adoption directly from MADACC.
“In 2010, over 3,100 animals were placed into adoption programs. Over 450 animals were directly placed into new homes from MADACC. Adoption events like the ‘Shelter Stars Showcase’ help connect people looking to add a new companion animal to their family with some of Milwaukee County’s neediest animals,” says Kevin Wilken, MADACC’s shelter supervisor.
MADACC currently rescues and assures safe, temporary shelter, veterinary, and humane care for over 13,000 stray, unwanted, abandoned, mistreated, and injured animals each year — more than any other animal control shelter in Wisconsin. MADACC provides a central location for owners to find and recover their lost pets and is open seven days a week, including evening hours on weekdays. MADACC also offers low-cost spay/neuter assistance, rabies vaccinations, and micro-chipping services.
For more information about this event or MADACC, visit www.madacc.com or call 414-649-8640.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fun and Affordable Day Trips through Kelly Senior Center
- Animated Illusionist Ardan James to Perform
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market Plans Grand Reopening on July 31st - Shows off remodeled 11th Avenue Streetscape
- Bay View High School Holding 100th Anniversary
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial
- Post-Summer Polar Vortex, Return to the Beach and Check a Website for Conditions
- Local Theater Company Places Women in Spotlight in Upcoming World Premiere
- Relay For Life of the Southern 8 - August 1st
- Cudahy Family Library presents Antique Appraisal Event
- Cell phones and 911.