Unable to attend the 101st Annual Meeting of the MacDowell Club of Milwaukee, this year Bayview's Mary Pat Connell (pictured) was presented with a gold 50-Year Pin at the Club's 102nd Annual Meeting held September 25th, 2011, at Cardinal Stritch University. Well remembered for her many MacDowell Club performances and starring roles at the Skylight Opera, she spoke fondly of the encouragement, friendships, and countless performance opportunities she was afforded by the Club throughout her long career.
The event heralded the 2011-2012 season of free concerts by performing members of the Club to which the public is most cordially invited.
Opening the series at 10:30 Friday morning, October 21st, is a program featuring Women Composers being held at the Woman's Club of Wisconsin, 813 East Kilbourn Avenue, Milwaukee.
Performing are pianists Wallace Cheatham and
S. Marion Verhaalen (Milwaukee); Suzanne Lent and Suzanne Pajunen (Wauwatosa); flutists Ana Gerlach (Bayview) and Linda Hartig (Waukesha);
oboist Judith Smeiska (Oconomowoc); clarinetist
Gail Hodkiewicz (Hales Corners); mezzo-soprani
Kay Belich (West Allis) and Donna Shriner (Shorewood); accompanied by Carla Coonan (Bayside) and S. Verhaalen, respectively.
Musicians interested in Club membership should contact Bayview's Sheri Masiakowski at 414-403-1046 or visit macdowellclubmilwaukee.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Rustic Furniture Maker at St. Ann Center Indoor Market
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- UWP March Science Night - Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: February schedule
- LOST Miniature Poodle in Wauwatosa
- Encouraging Kindness in your Children
- UW-Parkside Traditions of Excellence Nominations
- Chicago Block Clubs and Social Justice Examined in Talk at UWM, Feb. 26
- Author Discusses Book on Milwaukee's School Choice Movement, at UWM on Feb. 23
- Talk on Religion, Ecology and Identity in Southern Africa at UWM Feb. 19