Founded April 20, 1926
Officers: President – Taylor Poehls; President Elect – Rich Woods; Vice president – Dave Eppelsheimer; Treasurer – Bob Reinhardt; Secretary – Andy Barnes; Immediate Past President – Ed Ellingson.
Directors: Bob Gross, Jan Fitzgerald, Eli Potkonjak, Jason Gonwa, Dave Hoerig, Gary Krueger, Kevin Dwyer, Ken Snyder, Tom Schultz
Looking forward to the meeting of October 25, 2011
October 27 – Jan Fitzgerald
Programs and Events
October 25 – We'll hear about the Stars and Stripes Honor Flight
NEWS AND NOTES
Meeting notes: John Foley commenced contributions of happy dollars, because having a club president without gray hair gave John new hope. Dave Eppelsheimer paid a buck, happy for the Brewers' prospects next season. Andy Barnes was happy, but he paid his dollar for another opportunity to solicit socks for the WWHS Key Club's sock drive, for which Andy will collect socks next Tuesday. President Taylor contributed a buck for two evenings out with Lydia last weekend.
John Klose update: Paul Drellos reported that John is recovering from vascular surgery and expects to have additional surgery in a couple of weeks. John was at Froedtert Hospital as of our last report.
Scouts: You can order popcorn and Christmas wreaths through Bob Gross. The wreaths will be delivered just before Thanksgiving.
Roster: We are doing our annual roster review. This is your chance to change mailing addresses, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, fax numbers, birthdates, and anniversaries. Taylor will have hard copy at the next couple of meetings.
Committees: Let Taylor know if you want to change committees. Otherwise your committee assignment will continue, or you will be assigned to a committee.
Beer & Wine tasting: Ken Snyder gave us an update. The items to address immediately are selling tickets and providing auction items to Larry Schneider. Ticket money ($25 each) goes to Eli Potkonjak. Next week we should have day-of-event assignments to cover set-up through clean-up, 3:00 PM through 9:30 PM, Friday, October 28, at the Lutheran Home.
Meetings: Tuesday noon, Mayfair Mall Community Room
Newsletter Editor - Kevin Sjostrom p Reporter - Ilija Potkonjak p Newsletter distribution: Tom DeLuca
www.wauwatosakiwanis.org www.wiumkiwanis.org www.kiwanis.org
Brusky Sjostrom & Alberts SC
2300 N. Mayfair Rd., Ste. 530
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HamBINGO Thursday June 4 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- Seeking Adult Day Services Program Volunteers at Lutheran Home
- Cudahy Farmers Market Grand Opening June 3!
- SM Author Jerrianne Hayslett’s Short Story Wins First-Place Prize
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- St. Mark's Project Concern Benefit Musical Extravaganza
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins Announces Support for 2015 MECA Vest a K-9 Fest
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- North Shore Suzuki Strings celebrates 25th anniversary
- Oak Creek Resident Finishing Term of Service with Milwaukee Nonprofit