Founded April 20, 1926
Officers: President – Taylor Poehls; President Elect – Rich Woods; Vice president – Dave Eppelsheimer; Treasurer – Bob Reinhardt; Secretary – Andy Barnes; Immediate Past President – Ed Ellingson.
Directors: Bob Gross, Jan Fitzgerald, Eli Potkonjak, Jason Gonwa, Dave Hoerig, Gary Krueger, Kevin Dwyer, Ken Snyder, Tom Schultz
Looking forward to the meeting of October 25, 2011
October 27 – Jan Fitzgerald
Programs and Events
October 25 – We'll hear about the Stars and Stripes Honor Flight
NEWS AND NOTES
Meeting notes: John Foley commenced contributions of happy dollars, because having a club president without gray hair gave John new hope. Dave Eppelsheimer paid a buck, happy for the Brewers' prospects next season. Andy Barnes was happy, but he paid his dollar for another opportunity to solicit socks for the WWHS Key Club's sock drive, for which Andy will collect socks next Tuesday. President Taylor contributed a buck for two evenings out with Lydia last weekend.
John Klose update: Paul Drellos reported that John is recovering from vascular surgery and expects to have additional surgery in a couple of weeks. John was at Froedtert Hospital as of our last report.
Scouts: You can order popcorn and Christmas wreaths through Bob Gross. The wreaths will be delivered just before Thanksgiving.
Roster: We are doing our annual roster review. This is your chance to change mailing addresses, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, fax numbers, birthdates, and anniversaries. Taylor will have hard copy at the next couple of meetings.
Committees: Let Taylor know if you want to change committees. Otherwise your committee assignment will continue, or you will be assigned to a committee.
Beer & Wine tasting: Ken Snyder gave us an update. The items to address immediately are selling tickets and providing auction items to Larry Schneider. Ticket money ($25 each) goes to Eli Potkonjak. Next week we should have day-of-event assignments to cover set-up through clean-up, 3:00 PM through 9:30 PM, Friday, October 28, at the Lutheran Home.
Meetings: Tuesday noon, Mayfair Mall Community Room
Newsletter Editor - Kevin Sjostrom p Reporter - Ilija Potkonjak p Newsletter distribution: Tom DeLuca
www.wauwatosakiwanis.org www.wiumkiwanis.org www.kiwanis.org
Brusky Sjostrom & Alberts SC
2300 N. Mayfair Rd., Ste. 530
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- First Day of School for St. Francis Public Schools
- Kelly Senior Center invites you to join their monthly Luncheon Outings
- Fun and Affordable Day Trips through Kelly Senior Center
- Animated Illusionist Ardan James to Perform
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market Plans Grand Reopening on July 31st - Shows off remodeled 11th Avenue Streetscape
- Bay View High School Holding 100th Anniversary
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial
- Post-Summer Polar Vortex, Return to the Beach and Check a Website for Conditions
- Local Theater Company Places Women in Spotlight in Upcoming World Premiere
- Relay For Life of the Southern 8 - August 1st