Wixon Inc. recently donated $15,000 of proceeds from the organization’s annual golf tournament to the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Wisconsin. Wixon has donated nearly $100,000 to Make-A-Wish over the past ten years. Held in July, the remainder of the proceeds from the golf event will be distributed among local-based charities supporting families in the St. Francis and Cudahy areas of southeast Wisconsin.
Presenting golf tournament sponsors that helped make the donation possible include: Citrus & Allied Essences/Trilogy Spice Extracts, FDP USA, Food Ingredients Inc., Prinova, and Sensient Dehydrated Flavors.
“Part of Wixon’s mission is to continually give back to the communities that we serve,” says Wixon President Peter Gottsacker. “Our dedication starts with our customers – and their customers – and extends to our employees, their families, and our neighbors in the area. With their support, as well as the contribution of the presenting sponsors, Wixon held its most successful tournament yet.”
Founded in 1907, Wixon is a fully integrated food and beverage ingredient leader providing flavor technologies, custom-ground spices, blended seasonings, protein expertise, foodservice and menu solutions, and consumer products and packaging. Wixon’s brand promise of Service Driven Culinary Science gives customers the added benefit of food technology enhanced by the creativity of culinary arts. With its advanced scientific and culinary capabilities combined with a passion for service, Wixon drives innovation and provides solutions for its customers. Besides custom flavor formulations, Wixon offers R&D, product development, packaging options, inventory management, and just-in-time delivery. Located in St. Francis, Wis., a suburb of Milwaukee, Wixon is ISO9001 certified and QAI Organic Certified. More information on Wixon or any of its products may be obtained at www.wixon.com or by calling (414) 769-3000.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Little House on the Prairie Book Club
- St. Patrick’s Day Concert with David HB Drake
- Skip Jones ~Songs from Grandpa’s River
- Cinderella at the Avalon: A Cudahy Family Library Benefit
- Why You Should Care About National Consumer Protection Week
- Comedy Hypnotist Steven Coppola and Boston Comedian Mark Scalia to Perform at Franklin Elks
- Black History Month, A Time to End Smoking and Save Lives
- Milwaukee Concert Band Winter Concert
- Memory Cafes coming to Bay View!
- Milwaukee Art Museum Hosts Kohl's Art Generation Open Studio: Wearable Art