Wixon Inc. recently donated $15,000 of proceeds from the organization’s annual golf tournament to the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Wisconsin. Wixon has donated nearly $100,000 to Make-A-Wish over the past ten years. Held in July, the remainder of the proceeds from the golf event will be distributed among local-based charities supporting families in the St. Francis and Cudahy areas of southeast Wisconsin.
Presenting golf tournament sponsors that helped make the donation possible include: Citrus & Allied Essences/Trilogy Spice Extracts, FDP USA, Food Ingredients Inc., Prinova, and Sensient Dehydrated Flavors.
“Part of Wixon’s mission is to continually give back to the communities that we serve,” says Wixon President Peter Gottsacker. “Our dedication starts with our customers – and their customers – and extends to our employees, their families, and our neighbors in the area. With their support, as well as the contribution of the presenting sponsors, Wixon held its most successful tournament yet.”
Founded in 1907, Wixon is a fully integrated food and beverage ingredient leader providing flavor technologies, custom-ground spices, blended seasonings, protein expertise, foodservice and menu solutions, and consumer products and packaging. Wixon’s brand promise of Service Driven Culinary Science gives customers the added benefit of food technology enhanced by the creativity of culinary arts. With its advanced scientific and culinary capabilities combined with a passion for service, Wixon drives innovation and provides solutions for its customers. Besides custom flavor formulations, Wixon offers R&D, product development, packaging options, inventory management, and just-in-time delivery. Located in St. Francis, Wis., a suburb of Milwaukee, Wixon is ISO9001 certified and QAI Organic Certified. More information on Wixon or any of its products may be obtained at www.wixon.com or by calling (414) 769-3000.
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar
- #YourStoryMKE Shares Personal Stories About Those Benefiting from Catholic Charities’ Programs
- Book Release Party at Cudahy Family Library
- Bay View Historical Society Annual Walk on August 6th
- St. Ann Center Gala Promises An Uplifting Experience