Learn how to enhance the quality of life for those with dementia, Alzheimer’s disease, special needs or sensory loss due to aging. St. Ann Center is offering a Benevolent Touch workshop on Thursday, March 29 at 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. The cost is $60 and includes a Benevolent Touch Manual ($20 Value).
This workshop will provide caregivers with the skills to give positive tactile contact, enhancing the feelings of security and belonging, reducing agitation and anxiety, and the tendency to wander. “Hands-on” practice is included. For those who want to learn to instruct others in the use of Benevolent Touch a National Instruction Certification Course is offered on Friday, March 30 from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
This program was developed by Sr. Edna Lonergan as a way for individuals to communicate nonverbally with others. This workshop is designed to help Certified Nursing Assistants, Activity Aides, COTAs, Nurses, Social Workers and others who work with individuals with dementia, Alzheimer’s Disease or other special needs. This workshop will provide you with the skills to give positive tactile contact…enhancing the feelings of security and belonging, reducing agitation and anxiety, and the tendency to wander.
Please call Sandy Anderson at 414-977-5056 or go to our website at www.stanncenter.org/BenevolentTouch to register for this workshop. Don’t miss out, register early!
St. Ann Center also offers a wide variety of community events and programs including; health awareness nights, caregiver support groups, warm water swimming instruction, and private swimming lessons.
St. Ann Center, at 2801 E. Morgan Avenue, is a nonprofit day services wellness center sponsored by the Sisters of St. Francis of Assisi. It is open to persons of all religious faiths and all abilities.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Healing In The Garden
- Celebrate Independence Day at Humboldt Park
- Fun, food and fireworks, it's South Shore Frolic time!
- DYPC Junior & Senior Company Auditions
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Music for every Palate – South Milwaukee Market announces July music line up
- Back to School Event for Foster Children Urges Public to Volunteer
- Real Time - First Friday Performance Series at Danceworks
- Catey Ott Dance Collective: 3rd (i) EYE Conscious
- The UMDF Energy for Life Walk is September 26th!