Learn how to enhance the quality of life for those with dementia, Alzheimer’s disease, special needs or sensory loss due to aging. St. Ann Center is offering a Benevolent Touch workshop on Thursday, March 29 at 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. The cost is $60 and includes a Benevolent Touch Manual ($20 Value).
This workshop will provide caregivers with the skills to give positive tactile contact, enhancing the feelings of security and belonging, reducing agitation and anxiety, and the tendency to wander. “Hands-on” practice is included. For those who want to learn to instruct others in the use of Benevolent Touch a National Instruction Certification Course is offered on Friday, March 30 from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
This program was developed by Sr. Edna Lonergan as a way for individuals to communicate nonverbally with others. This workshop is designed to help Certified Nursing Assistants, Activity Aides, COTAs, Nurses, Social Workers and others who work with individuals with dementia, Alzheimer’s Disease or other special needs. This workshop will provide you with the skills to give positive tactile contact…enhancing the feelings of security and belonging, reducing agitation and anxiety, and the tendency to wander.
Please call Sandy Anderson at 414-977-5056 or go to our website at www.stanncenter.org/BenevolentTouch to register for this workshop. Don’t miss out, register early!
St. Ann Center also offers a wide variety of community events and programs including; health awareness nights, caregiver support groups, warm water swimming instruction, and private swimming lessons.
St. Ann Center, at 2801 E. Morgan Avenue, is a nonprofit day services wellness center sponsored by the Sisters of St. Francis of Assisi. It is open to persons of all religious faiths and all abilities.
- Taiwan Excellence Comes to Summerfest
- Twice Baked Pottery to host Terri Lockwood for DRAW!
- Downtown Racine Art Walk -- DRAW -- Is Back!
- First Annual Taste of the Gateway: Wednesday, July 20
- Celebrate Summer at the Annual East Side Community BBQ!
- Bluegrass Fest Benefit to Pulaski Park-Cudahy
- Pancake Breakfast at the Kelly Center
- Hoops for Awareness
- The South Shore Farmers Market is open for the season
- Shop St. Francis Week - June 27 to July 4th Offers discounts and offers!