Wisconsin Chihuahua Rescue, Inc. is a federally registered 501©3 non-profit organization (DATCP# 266750). They are a shelter support group and specialize in taking senior and medically challenged dogs from shelters within the State of Wisconsin. The foster dogs all live in volunteer’s homes until they are rehabilitated and ready for their permanent home.
Wisconsin Chihuahua Rescue, Inc. also has a hospice dog program. All too often older dogs or dogs with medical conditions are left in shelters to die alone and in an environment unfamiliar to them. These same dogs are often passed up by rescue for their adoption program, because they are seen as unadoptable. Volunteers have opened their hearts and their homes to many of these dogs, in order to give them a place to live out the rest of their lives in a loving home. These dogs will die a natural death knowing they were loved until the end. Wisconsin Chihuahua Rescue, Inc. does everything they can do to keep the hospice dogs comfortable and happy.
Recently, local Milwaukee artist Brittany Farina (http://www.brittanyfarina.com/winnie-the-hospice-dog/) has created a custom painting of one of our hospice dogs, Winnie. The original photo she used was courtesy of local Milwaukee photographer Lynn Allen of Black Sheep Photography (http://www.blacksheep-photography.com) Winnie is approximately 13 years old, and is suffering from double luxating patellas and heart failure. She also does not have any teeth left, causing her tongue to hang out constantly. Winnie is a happy little girl and loved by all of our volunteers. She will remain in hospice care until she passes.
Brittany Farina’s painting of Winnie is available for sale on her website, with a portion of the proceeds benefitting the foster/hospice dogs of Wisconsin Chihuahua Rescue, Inc. (www.wischirescue.com)
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- Railway Adventure Trip
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar