Wisconsin Chihuahua Rescue, Inc. is a federally registered 501©3 non-profit organization (DATCP# 266750). They are a shelter support group and specialize in taking senior and medically challenged dogs from shelters within the State of Wisconsin. The foster dogs all live in volunteer’s homes until they are rehabilitated and ready for their permanent home.
Wisconsin Chihuahua Rescue, Inc. also has a hospice dog program. All too often older dogs or dogs with medical conditions are left in shelters to die alone and in an environment unfamiliar to them. These same dogs are often passed up by rescue for their adoption program, because they are seen as unadoptable. Volunteers have opened their hearts and their homes to many of these dogs, in order to give them a place to live out the rest of their lives in a loving home. These dogs will die a natural death knowing they were loved until the end. Wisconsin Chihuahua Rescue, Inc. does everything they can do to keep the hospice dogs comfortable and happy.
Recently, local Milwaukee artist Brittany Farina (http://www.brittanyfarina.com/winnie-the-hospice-dog/) has created a custom painting of one of our hospice dogs, Winnie. The original photo she used was courtesy of local Milwaukee photographer Lynn Allen of Black Sheep Photography (http://www.blacksheep-photography.com) Winnie is approximately 13 years old, and is suffering from double luxating patellas and heart failure. She also does not have any teeth left, causing her tongue to hang out constantly. Winnie is a happy little girl and loved by all of our volunteers. She will remain in hospice care until she passes.
Brittany Farina’s painting of Winnie is available for sale on her website, with a portion of the proceeds benefitting the foster/hospice dogs of Wisconsin Chihuahua Rescue, Inc. (www.wischirescue.com)
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- First Day of School for St. Francis Public Schools
- Kelly Senior Center invites you to join their monthly Luncheon Outings
- Fun and Affordable Day Trips through Kelly Senior Center
- Animated Illusionist Ardan James to Perform
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market Plans Grand Reopening on July 31st - Shows off remodeled 11th Avenue Streetscape
- Bay View High School Holding 100th Anniversary
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial
- Post-Summer Polar Vortex, Return to the Beach and Check a Website for Conditions
- Local Theater Company Places Women in Spotlight in Upcoming World Premiere
- Relay For Life of the Southern 8 - August 1st