Alverno College invites you to attend the Holocaust Remembrance Service on Thursday, April 19th at noon in the TLTC Conference Center. A talk back conducted by Dr. Amy Shapiro will follow at 1:15 and will last approximately 20-30 minutes. If you are a teacher, I encourage you to come and bring your students.
This year’s speaker will be Holocaust Survivor Raye David.
Raye David was born in Vilnius Lithuania (then Vilno Poland) in 1928. On July 22, 1941 her father was arrested by the SS, taken to the Ponary forest, shot and killed. She survived starvation, brutality and disease in Kaiserwald, Stuthoff, Kaufering labor camps and was liberated at Bergen-Belsen at age 17.
Opportunities to hear Holocaust survivors share their stories are becoming increasingly rare due to the advanced age of this population. You might be aware that last year’s speaker Jack Dygola passed away in September. Alverno College was his last speaking engagement. Our speaker in 2005 Fela Warschau passed away the following year in September 2006.
Please consider joining us for this incredibly powerful hour, and stay for the talk back if possible. This event is free and open to the public
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- WARREN WIEGRATZ ADDRESSES MUSIC CLUB
- SM Historical Society "Decorating for the Holidays" Seminar
- New Books & Brew Book Club
- St. Francis Business of the Year
- 3rd Annual St. Francis Lions Beer & Wine Tasting
- THE 3rd ANNUAL REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL is back!
- Tool Time at the St. Francis Library
- SCORE 50th Anniversary Luncheon October 9th
- South Milwaukee Music at the Market Series Starts Sept 11th
- Open House at the South Milwaukee Mill Pond Warming House