Britta Kramer, a Bay View resident and personal chef who owns Private Palate, will conduct a sizzling cooking demonstration at this year’s Home & Garden Show. Kramer takes the stage Thurs., March 29 at 6 p.m.
Chef Kramer grew up in an Austrian family where she learned that quality food is an essential ingredient to good living. As a personal chef, she believes in preparing fresh, nutritious meals to assist her clients in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Her clients range from single individuals to families to professional athletes, including several Milwaukee Bucks players.
The cooking patio at this year’s Home & Garden Show features some of Milwaukee’s best chefs and will introduce showgoers to new recipes and cooking techniques.
In addition to Kramer, chefs from Buckley’s Restaurant and Bar, Old Town Serbian Gourmet House and Kasana Concierge Gourmet, among others, will conduct demonstrations.
On Sun., April 1, all three of the Milwaukee James Beard semifinalists for Best Chef in the Midwest will showcase their culinary talents – Justin Aprahamian from Sanford; Jan Kelly from Meritage; and Dan Van Rite from Hinterland Erie Street Gastropub. For a complete schedule of cooking demonstrations, visit www.mkehgs.com.
Showgoers will also get outdoor and indoor inspiration and hundreds of garden and landscape, home improvement and renovating ideas during the show’s run.
The Gardens exhibition is one of the most popular destinations with more than 10,000 square feet of displays from the area's top landscape designers and artists.
This year’s gardens showcase outdoor enjoyment from sunrise to sunset. Showgoers can tour 11 different designs that range from peaceful morning gardens to quaint afternoon tea party spaces to gardens made for evenings of outdoor entertainment and fun.
The Home & Garden Show runs Wednesday, March 28, through Sunday, April 1, at the Wisconsin Exposition Center at State Fair Park, 8200 W. Greenfield Ave., West Allis. The show is closed Monday, March 26, and Tuesday, March 27, but reopens Wednesday, March 28 for the remainder of the event’s run.
Beginning at 5 p.m. on Wednesday, March 28 and Thursday, March 29, free parking at State Fair Park will be offered to the first 500 visitors each day.
Regular admission is $8 for adults. Admission is free for children 12 and under. For more information, call 414-778-4929 or visit www.mkehgs.com.
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar
- #YourStoryMKE Shares Personal Stories About Those Benefiting from Catholic Charities’ Programs
- Book Release Party at Cudahy Family Library
- Bay View Historical Society Annual Walk on August 6th
- St. Ann Center Gala Promises An Uplifting Experience
- Thank you from the Humboldt Park 4th of July Association
- It's South Shore Frolics Time!