At St. Ann Center for Intergenerational Care, 2801 E. Morgan Avenue, we are privileged to share some of our days with Mary Huth – who celebrated her 104th Birthday with us on Tuesday, April 24, 2012.
Mary’s great-grand son usually brings her to St. Ann Center every other Tuesday, to have a bath in our comfortable whirlpool tub and to get her hair done. She has been having her hair done by Carol in our Beauty Salon for at least the last six years. Mary’s family said, “We are lucky to be a part of your center.”
If you have the pleasure to meet Mary you would be impressed immediately. This centenarian is full of spark and shares a beautiful smile with everyone she meets.
Of course we had to ask her “what’s the secret to a long life?” She responded, “Laughter …and a Coke soda each day!” We teased her about her “Coke” habit - she laughed and shared with us her glorious smile.
In an article from American Statesman Staff, Helen Anders, said Mary is among approximately 104,099 Americans, by U.S. census count, who are 100 or older. People are living longer because technological advancements and drugs cure illnesses that once ended lives. By 2050, the government projects, there will be 601,000 centenarians. A recent study published in the medical journal The Lancet goes even further, suggesting that most babies born after 2000 in developed countries will live to be 100.
We are so very happy to spend such a wonderful day with Mary! Happy Birthday Mary – Well be waiting to celebrate your 105th with you!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HamBINGO Thursday October 8 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- Watch for New Technology at the Cash Register
- Milwaukee Public Library, Bay View Branch to Host Wisconsin Water Photo Display
- Herbert Lowe featured speaker at UW-Parkside
- Important Donation Made To Dog Organization
- United Performing Arts Fund to Allocate a Record $9.175 Million to Performing Arts Groups
- See the World Up Close Without Leaving Home - Host with YFU USA!
- Brian Hanson Joins Bartelt as Production Administrator
- Rumbarroco Free Performance at UW-Parkside, Oct. 18
- Art & Wellness