Kohl's Cares, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin and Green Bay Packer Jordy Nelson Promote Home Safety for Kids
Join Green Bay Packers wide receiver Jordy Nelson on Friday, May 11, at a fun, interactive home safety event. Kohl’s Cares: The Great Safety Adventurewill introduce local families to Rover, the Home Safety Hound, and his Safety Rangers as they explore a retrofitted semitrailer designed to represent a 1,200-square-foot home. This tour is dedicated to educating parents and children about the five leading safety risks found inside and outside the home. Kohl’s Cares is funding the effort through a $725,000 donation to Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin.
Also onsite, parents and children will be invited to participate in a variety of fun activities such as a home safety memory game and a photo station. Jordy Nelson will be greeting fans and signing autographs from 4 – 6 p.m. This event is free and open to the public.
WHEN: Friday, May 11, 2012
4 p.m. to 6 p.m.: Jordy Nelson Appearance and Autograph Signing
4 p.m. to 7 p.m.: Kohl’s Cares: The Great Safety Adventure
WHERE: Kohl’s – Southridge Mall
5300 S. 76th Street
*Event is located in the Kohl’s parking lot.
Photo: Kohl’s Cares®: The Great Safety Adventure® features a retrofitted semitrailer that represents a 1,200-square-foot home. Photo courtesy of Kohl's
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- First Day of School for St. Francis Public Schools
- Kelly Senior Center invites you to join their monthly Luncheon Outings
- Fun and Affordable Day Trips through Kelly Senior Center
- Animated Illusionist Ardan James to Perform
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market Plans Grand Reopening on July 31st - Shows off remodeled 11th Avenue Streetscape
- Bay View High School Holding 100th Anniversary
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial
- Post-Summer Polar Vortex, Return to the Beach and Check a Website for Conditions
- Local Theater Company Places Women in Spotlight in Upcoming World Premiere
- Relay For Life of the Southern 8 - August 1st