Kohl's Cares, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin and Green Bay Packer Jordy Nelson Promote Home Safety for Kids
Join Green Bay Packers wide receiver Jordy Nelson on Friday, May 11, at a fun, interactive home safety event. Kohl’s Cares: The Great Safety Adventurewill introduce local families to Rover, the Home Safety Hound, and his Safety Rangers as they explore a retrofitted semitrailer designed to represent a 1,200-square-foot home. This tour is dedicated to educating parents and children about the five leading safety risks found inside and outside the home. Kohl’s Cares is funding the effort through a $725,000 donation to Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin.
Also onsite, parents and children will be invited to participate in a variety of fun activities such as a home safety memory game and a photo station. Jordy Nelson will be greeting fans and signing autographs from 4 – 6 p.m. This event is free and open to the public.
WHEN: Friday, May 11, 2012
4 p.m. to 6 p.m.: Jordy Nelson Appearance and Autograph Signing
4 p.m. to 7 p.m.: Kohl’s Cares: The Great Safety Adventure
WHERE: Kohl’s – Southridge Mall
5300 S. 76th Street
*Event is located in the Kohl’s parking lot.
Photo: Kohl’s Cares®: The Great Safety Adventure® features a retrofitted semitrailer that represents a 1,200-square-foot home. Photo courtesy of Kohl's
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Alverno College Awarded Two-Year College Ready Grant from Great Lakes
- Two Fun Dog Events Coming Soon
- Polonia's Annual Festival
- Brighter Economic Prospects Brings Greater Focus on Cash Flow, Efficiency
- Rose Tattoo folk group to be revived in Milwaukee
- Bayview Historical Society 35th Anniversary Celebration
- St. Thomas More High School to Dedicate New Gym Floor to Coach Rick Majerus
- Band Concert - Cudahy Historical Society
- Habitat for Humanity Selects Flat Rate Home Services to Assist in New Project
- Meijer Launches Simply Give Campaign in New Wisconsin Supercenters