Plans for the 63rd annual South Shore Frolic on July 13-14-15 in South Shore Park in Bay View under the auspices of the Bay View Lions Club for a 17th year are well underway.
However, a long-standing Frolic tradition, the Saturday South Shore Frolic parade has been cancelled because of a lack of funding and sponsorship, announced Bay View Lions Club President, Lyn Graziano.
"The parade cost including fees, permits and parade participants is in excess of $25,000, and without a parade sponsor in 2012, it left us no choice but to unfortunately cancel this portion of the Frolic", noted Graziano.
The Frolic parade at two and a half miles long ran through Bay View's main street, South Kinninkinnic Ave., was the longest parade in Milwaukee County and annually attracted 15,000-20,000 people along the parade route.
"While we truly regret canceling the Frolic parade for 2012 because it does mean so much to the Bay View community, we WILL still have a three-day Frolic that will feature a Friday fish fry, music all three days, a car show, an arts and crafts show, free games for the kids on Saturday and Sunday, a Saturday rib dinner and lots of other food choices, fun for everyone, and those fantastic Frolic 'atomic' fireworks every night", stated Graziano.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Children’s Medical Grants Now Available in Wisconsin from the UnitedHealthcare Children’s Foundation
- First Weber Welcomes Experienced Agent....
- Grant Park Warbler Walks welcomes newbies
- South Milwaukee Market Opens Summer Season May 23
- GRAEF RECOGNIZED BY AMERICAN COUNCIL OF ENGINEERING COMPANIES
- Virtual Education: Why it can work for you
- Inaugural Cudahy High School Alumni Basketball Tournament
- Cudahy High School Youth Boys Basketball Camp
- NMSBank Announces New President & CEO
- River Cruise Seminar