Plans for the 63rd annual South Shore Frolic on July 13-14-15 in South Shore Park in Bay View under the auspices of the Bay View Lions Club for a 17th year are well underway.
However, a long-standing Frolic tradition, the Saturday South Shore Frolic parade has been cancelled because of a lack of funding and sponsorship, announced Bay View Lions Club President, Lyn Graziano.
"The parade cost including fees, permits and parade participants is in excess of $25,000, and without a parade sponsor in 2012, it left us no choice but to unfortunately cancel this portion of the Frolic", noted Graziano.
The Frolic parade at two and a half miles long ran through Bay View's main street, South Kinninkinnic Ave., was the longest parade in Milwaukee County and annually attracted 15,000-20,000 people along the parade route.
"While we truly regret canceling the Frolic parade for 2012 because it does mean so much to the Bay View community, we WILL still have a three-day Frolic that will feature a Friday fish fry, music all three days, a car show, an arts and crafts show, free games for the kids on Saturday and Sunday, a Saturday rib dinner and lots of other food choices, fun for everyone, and those fantastic Frolic 'atomic' fireworks every night", stated Graziano.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- St. Mark's "Night of the Father's Love"
- Church Concert
- Gingerbread Express – Memory Lane
- BBB Balances 2014 Trends with Tips for Smart Holiday Shoppers
- Warm Your Heart Chili & Jewelry Event
- St. Francis Civic Center Gala and Tree Lighting events
- Celebrate a PINK Shabbat!
- 2015 GET FIT Workshop - Kelly Senior Center
- Bartelt Hosts Hunger Task Force Food Drive
- Br(OK)en Genius is Healing Communities Through Art