The Milwaukee Area Domestic Animal Control Commission (MADACC) will host a “Purr-fect Paws” Cat & Kitten Adoption Event on Saturday, June 2 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. MADACC is located at 3839 West Burnham Street in West Milwaukee.
The adoption event will feature approximately 20 adoptable kittens and cats from MADACC. There will also be photos and bios of additional kittens and cats available for adoption but not featured for viewing during the event. Staff and volunteers will be available to share information about the animals’ personality and behavior in order to make a good match for interested families.
The adoption fee is $25 for adults, $75 for kittens, or two kittens for $125 and includes age-appropriate vaccinations; spay/neuter; microchipping; and heartworm, FeLV, and flea/worm testing. There is also an additional $12 fee to license a cat over five months old who will reside in Milwaukee County. To view some of the adoptable animals, visit www.facebook.com/MADACCWI.
Those interested in adopting can “prequalify” by completing an adoption application in advance. If approved, the cat/kitten can be taken home the same day of the event. Contact Marissa Saad at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a downloadable application, or stop in at MADACC before the event to complete a physical application. MADACC is open Monday-Friday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturday-Sunday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
MADACC works with over 75 area shelters and rescue groups to place animals into adoption programs so they have a second chance at finding a permanent, caring home. Dogs and cats that are eligible for placement but have not been taken in by a shelter or rescue group are available for adoption directly from MADACC.
MADACC currently rescues and assures safe, temporary shelter, veterinary, and humane care for over 13,000 stray, unwanted, abandoned, mistreated, and injured animals each year — more than any other animal control shelter in Wisconsin.
MADACC provides a central location for owners to find and recover their lost pets and is open seven days a week, including evening hours on weekdays. MADACC also offers low-cost spay/neuter assistance, rabies vaccinations, and micro-chipping services.
For more information about this event or MADACC, visit www.madacc.com or call 414-649-8640.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HamBINGO Thursday June 4 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- Seeking Adult Day Services Program Volunteers at Lutheran Home
- Cudahy Farmers Market Grand Opening June 3!
- SM Author Jerrianne Hayslett’s Short Story Wins First-Place Prize
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- St. Mark's Project Concern Benefit Musical Extravaganza
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins Announces Support for 2015 MECA Vest a K-9 Fest
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- North Shore Suzuki Strings celebrates 25th anniversary
- Oak Creek Resident Finishing Term of Service with Milwaukee Nonprofit