Wixon, a manufacturer of seasonings, flavors, and technologies for the food and beverage industry, will hold its 20th annual Wixon Open Sat., July 14, at Bristol Oaks Country Club, in Bristol, Wis. The day’s events begin at 7:30 a.m.
Open to the public, the $85 entry fee includes golf in a scramble format, a cart, lunch, dinner, and prize drawings. Proceeds from the event will be distributed among local-based charities, including the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Wisconsin. Last year’s outing raised more than $20,000 for charities in the Milwaukee area.
Wixon also is seeking prize donations, hole sponsors, and hole prize sponsors. Prize donations in past years have allowed the company to recognize all event participants with a gift. Prizes have included golf clubs, bags, hats, and towels. Hole sponsorships are available for $500 per hole and will be recognized with a company sign at the sponsored hole. Hole prizes are available for $250 each and will be recognized with a hole prize placard.
The deadline for registration, hole sponsorship, and donated hole prizes is Fri., July 6. All entry fees should be sent to “Wixon Open, Attention: Bruce Buerger, 1390 E. Bolivar Ave., St. Francis, WI, 53235.”
Presenting sponsors of the event include: Citrus & Allied Essences LTD/Trilogy Spice Extracts, Inc.; FDP USA, Inc.; Food Ingredients; Premium Ingredients International; and Sensient Dehydrated Flavors Co.
For more information about the Wixon Open, to register, sponsor a hole, or donate hole prizes, contact Bruce Buerger at (414) 769-3000.
Founded in 1907, Wixon is a fully integrated food and beverage ingredient leader providing flavor technologies, custom-ground spices, blended seasonings, protein expertise, foodservice and menu solutions, and consumer products and packaging. Wixon’s brand promise of Service Driven Culinary Science gives customers the added benefit of food technology enhanced by the creativity of culinary arts. With its advanced scientific and culinary capabilities combined with a passion for service, Wixon drives innovation and provides solutions for its customers. Besides custom flavor formulations, Wixon offers R&D, product development, packaging options, inventory management, and just-in-time delivery. Located in St. Francis, Wis., a suburb of Milwaukee, Wixon is FSSC 22000 Certified and QAI Organic Certified. More information on Wixon or any of its products may be obtained at www.wixon.com or by calling (800) 841-5304.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Milwaukee native Jerome Kitzke performing at SMPAC Poetry in Music/Music in Poetry
- April 19: Meet Sundance Award-Winner & South Milwaukee Native Chad Gracia, Ukrainian Fedor Alexandrovich
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- End the Silence Panel Event
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA
- Wilson Senior Center Travel Outing - Peter and the Starcatcher at the Rep on May 13
- Alverno College to Host Screening of Vel Phillips Documentary
- BloodCenter to Host Milwaukee Bucks Blood Drive
- Bunny Party at the St. Francis Library