A column of white tents blooming along the tree-lined paths in South Shore Park will signal the staging of the ninth annual South Shore Frolics Festival of Arts on Sunday, July 15, sponsored by the Bay View Arts Guild. Part of the Bay View Lions Club’s 63rd South Shore Frolics, the Festival of Arts will be found in South Shore Park near the corner of Rusk and Superior Streets, and will be open to the public from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission is free.
The art fair, popular with artists, the south shore community, and the broader Midwestern region, showcases original artwork and fine crafts from 70 local and regional artists. Works on exhibit and available for sale include paintings, ceramics, jewelry, photography, wearables, sculpture, and woodwork.
“Seventy artists have been carefully selected to offer an interesting and rewarding experience for art fair patrons,” says Lynn Pritchard, BVAG’s Co-Chair of the event. “The jury worked to make sure we offer a variety of styles and media, with a little bit of the unexpected and unpredictable thrown in.” Pritchard notes that the show includes artists from the immediate area, as well as from throughout Wisconsin and beyond. “Many are local favorites who have exhibited for several years,” she says, “but quite a few are new and emerging artists.”
To enhance the experience for artists and patrons alike, local musicians New Red Moons will offer up their distinctive blend of ‘60s rock, old-time folk, and modern lo-fi in an acoustical performance.
Those seeking more information about the South Shore Frolics Festival of Arts may visit the Bay View Arts Guild’s website at www.BayViewArts.org or join the facebook event at https://www.facebook.com/events/321570277930691/
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar
- #YourStoryMKE Shares Personal Stories About Those Benefiting from Catholic Charities’ Programs
- Book Release Party at Cudahy Family Library
- Bay View Historical Society Annual Walk on August 6th
- St. Ann Center Gala Promises An Uplifting Experience
- Thank you from the Humboldt Park 4th of July Association
- It's South Shore Frolics Time!