A column of white tents blooming along the tree-lined paths in South Shore Park will signal the staging of the ninth annual South Shore Frolics Festival of Arts on Sunday, July 15, sponsored by the Bay View Arts Guild. Part of the Bay View Lions Club’s 63rd South Shore Frolics, the Festival of Arts will be found in South Shore Park near the corner of Rusk and Superior Streets, and will be open to the public from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission is free.
The art fair, popular with artists, the south shore community, and the broader Midwestern region, showcases original artwork and fine crafts from 70 local and regional artists. Works on exhibit and available for sale include paintings, ceramics, jewelry, photography, wearables, sculpture, and woodwork.
“Seventy artists have been carefully selected to offer an interesting and rewarding experience for art fair patrons,” says Lynn Pritchard, BVAG’s Co-Chair of the event. “The jury worked to make sure we offer a variety of styles and media, with a little bit of the unexpected and unpredictable thrown in.” Pritchard notes that the show includes artists from the immediate area, as well as from throughout Wisconsin and beyond. “Many are local favorites who have exhibited for several years,” she says, “but quite a few are new and emerging artists.”
To enhance the experience for artists and patrons alike, local musicians New Red Moons will offer up their distinctive blend of ‘60s rock, old-time folk, and modern lo-fi in an acoustical performance.
Those seeking more information about the South Shore Frolics Festival of Arts may visit the Bay View Arts Guild’s website at www.BayViewArts.org or join the facebook event at https://www.facebook.com/events/321570277930691/
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Children’s Medical Grants Now Available in Wisconsin from the UnitedHealthcare Children’s Foundation
- First Weber Welcomes Experienced Agent....
- Grant Park Warbler Walks welcomes newbies
- South Milwaukee Market Opens Summer Season May 23
- GRAEF RECOGNIZED BY AMERICAN COUNCIL OF ENGINEERING COMPANIES
- Virtual Education: Why it can work for you
- Inaugural Cudahy High School Alumni Basketball Tournament
- Cudahy High School Youth Boys Basketball Camp
- NMSBank Announces New President & CEO
- River Cruise Seminar